Author Topic: German fighter Dornier 335  (Read 11324 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: German fighter Dornier 335
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2013, 06:38:12 PM »
The German rides are at a bit of a disadvantage in AH because the war for them ends in April of 45, and pretty much nothing new for them could be deployed in 45 with the lack of trained pilots, fuel, the destroyed transportation system, etc. etc. etc.   I think there are a few things that they would have deployed if they could - things that I wouldn't mind seeing AH add, and the Do-335 is one of them.

What do we have that was introduced after April, 1945?  Certainly nothing British, Russian or Japanese.  F4U-4 maybe?

I'm hard pressed to agree that the Germans are disadvantaged in AH any more than the Allies are by, due to clearly being about to win the war, not pushing their hotrods into combat.

From a game perspective, not a history perspective, I wish the IJN had not interfered with Jiro Horikoshi's A7M so that it could be in the game to help counter the dominance of late war American stuff over the Japanese, but twas not to be.  The Navy insisted it use the same 1900hp engine that the N1K used, Horikoshi and Mitsubishi objected saying it would be underpowered, the Navy insisted and found the A7M1 to be unacceptable due to being underpowered and told Mitsubishi to redesign it to take the 2200hp engine Mitsubishi and Horikoshi had wanted to use in the first place.  By the time the redesign was done there were B-29s bombing Japan and, if I recall, an earthquake also delayed things in 1945. End result, seven A7M2s built, none in service.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2013, 04:11:24 AM »
hi

just how i asked, why shouldn t it posible to implement prototyp or planed aircraft on only one base on the map. Sure there are a lot of aircrafts that are mission in AH. but it also should be posible to make it posible that these aircraft could get a chance. thay can sit beside ouer me163, why not.

cu christian

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2013, 06:38:00 AM »
Well, from a gameplay and game dev perspective, as well as marketing. It would be interesting to have a ahistorical 1945 (or 1946) arena. For all the fans of what-if scenarios. However for many reasons it'd be wise to keep the post-war rides separate from the main arena, or at the very least perk them to absurd levels and available only on one base near HQ. As with all additions to the planeset, it makes more scenarios possible.

I for one, would like to see more historical maps added, particularly of the ostfront which is incredibly vast. A map of the Leningrad (St Petersburg) region, including Novgorod, Velikiye Luki, Vishniy Volochek and Tikhvin would make pretty much the entire JG54 operational area in the east available.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2013, 08:38:45 AM »
hi

just how i asked, why shouldn t it posible to implement prototyp or planed aircraft on only one base on the map. Sure there are a lot of aircrafts that are mission in AH. but it also should be posible to make it posible that these aircraft could get a chance. thay can sit beside ouer me163, why not.

cu christian
Performance data won't be available for planned aircraft or for many prototypes.

From my perspective, I don't want to be forced into ultra-fantasy whatif aircraft just to have a chance, it is one of the reasons the free to play, Spitfire Mk I vs F-86 games have no appeal to me.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jeffdn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2013, 09:18:59 AM »
Well, from a gameplay and game dev perspective, as well as marketing. It would be interesting to have a ahistorical 1945 (or 1946) arena. For all the fans of what-if scenarios. However for many reasons it'd be wise to keep the post-war rides separate from the main arena, or at the very least perk them to absurd levels and available only on one base near HQ. As with all additions to the planeset, it makes more scenarios possible.

I for one, would like to see more historical maps added, particularly of the ostfront which is incredibly vast. A map of the Leningrad (St Petersburg) region, including Novgorod, Velikiye Luki, Vishniy Volochek and Tikhvin would make pretty much the entire JG54 operational area in the east available.

I was just playing a scenario last night with an enormous map of the UK/France/Belgium/Denmark/Netherlands/Western Germany area on the SEC Battle of Britain thing that was going on, and it was awesome. I'd love more maps of that type, accurate and with cool terrain textures, snow as appropriate, etc. It really helps with the immersion.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2013, 12:29:54 PM »
Staged missions are your friend!
When me and FBcrabby get bored we go in the ca and load a mission.
Sometimes it's us 2 with 8 AI against 20 formations of bombers
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:05 PM »
hi

i would like to see the 335 or other prototyps in  the game, just made them aviable like the me163 only on one airfield, so this is the test airfild for the prototyps. why not.

cu christian

I have no interest in the 335, but this is a rational solution. The truth is new planes or vehicles, especially prototypes, are the last thing
AH needs.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Nashorn

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2013, 05:54:08 AM »
IMHO, we need a lot more early war planes tanks and other early things before we start hitting up the Luft46 rides strat raids are already time consuming and I wouldn't want to up a Lancaster and fly for two hours only to be attacked by adolf hitlers Luftwaffe wet dream

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2013, 05:13:52 AM »
Well, placing them on the one HQ airfield would not do it either, they'd have to be perked as well and fairly high too. Think, higher than Me262. Which leads us to the question whether it'd be worth the effort for HTC to make the model in the first place. It could have some effect in marketing though, and seeing how they've introduced achievements for the xbox indoctrinated reward junkies it would be something that kept people in the game perhaps.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2013, 01:48:10 PM »
What do we have that was introduced after April, 1945?  Certainly nothing British, Russian or Japanese.  F4U-4 maybe?

I'm hard pressed to agree that the Germans are disadvantaged in AH any more than the Allies are by, due to clearly being about to win the war, not pushing their hotrods into combat.

From a game perspective, not a history perspective, I wish the IJN had not interfered with Jiro Horikoshi's A7M so that it could be in the game to help counter the dominance of late war American stuff over the Japanese, but twas not to be.  The Navy insisted it use the same 1900hp engine that the N1K used, Horikoshi and Mitsubishi objected saying it would be underpowered, the Navy insisted and found the A7M1 to be unacceptable due to being underpowered and told Mitsubishi to redesign it to take the 2200hp engine Mitsubishi and Horikoshi had wanted to use in the first place.  By the time the redesign was done there were B-29s bombing Japan and, if I recall, an earthquake also delayed things in 1945. End result, seven A7M2s built, none in service.

The F4U-4 is clearly the American example, and you are correct to point out that the allies didn't rush some things to the front that they would have had the war gone into 1946 (and that list is a big one).  The allies would be looking at things like the -4, F7F, F8F, P80, Meteor, even hotter Spits, etc.  All these would have been showing up in late 45 / early 46 at the front.   I think what I am trying to get at is that the normal stream of new aircraft that would have been deployed by the Luftwaffe ended earlier than that, and really earlier than April 45. 
Really for the Luftwaffe, go back to January '45 and in the aftermath of Operation Bodenplatte there wasn't much left.   With pilots, fuel, and their airfields secure, the Luftwaffe would have been putting up more Me-262 variants, plus stuff like the He-162, the Do-335 (in limited numbers), better Ar-234 models, a 1.98 ata rated 109K using C3 fuel, etc.  You are also correct to point out the Japanese had the same problem - military bureaucracy is universal. 

From a game perspective would a perked Do-335 or A7M2 be that bad?  Part of being a cartoon pilot is answering that what-if question.  What if B-29s had to face Me-262s and Me163s?  It cost perkies to find out, but it was fun. 

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2013, 02:45:39 PM »
imho, this is all irrelevant. If we all have 1946 planes or 1939 planes, the issue seems to be that the gameplay lacks a proper balancing system, hence why players are hunting for an illusinary advantage. All fail to realize that you will be in the same place... we all could just up 1946 era planes.. same chaos, just at higher speeds.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2013, 03:35:48 PM »
The last comment I saw from HiTech about it was that they want it to have seen combat.
by that criteria we could have the Super Pershing!
Might as well,, then it could set in the hanger next to the tiger 2  :bolt:
Flying since tour 71.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »
imho, this is all irrelevant. If we all have 1946 planes or 1939 planes, the issue seems to be that the gameplay lacks a proper balancing system, hence why players are hunting for an illusinary advantage. All fail to realize that you will be in the same place... we all could just up 1946 era planes.. same chaos, just at higher speeds.

I just want to fly the thing, it looks like crazy fun :x