Author Topic: A new DFC Ladder  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Nashorn

• Copper Member
Re: A new DFC Ladder
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2013, 08:12:46 PM »
this sounds like something I would enjoy

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2013, 01:19:42 AM »
It's an interesting concept. How do you propose to handle the faster plane dictating the fight issue?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2013, 01:42:10 AM »
It's an interesting concept. How do you propose to handle the faster plane dictating the fight issue?

well I am almost finished with the rules....when they are posted it will be (hopefully) easy to understand.....

8K max ALT until icon vis........NO GOING ABOVE 8K before hand.......at icon vis ANYTHING GOES.....

once the 3-9 position is broken.....the max distance the 2 planes can be from each other is 2K

so if a faster plane just tries to BnZ....as soon as he passes 1.8 K away he must turn and engage...1 call from his opponent the second call he loses fight(something along those lines)

2K is more then enough room to rope someone out....

now because of the mismatched plane setup I am leaving it up to the driver of each plane to decide how much fuel to take.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2013, 04:42:13 AM »
...the max distance the 2 planes can be from each other is 2K

so if a faster plane just tries to BnZ....as soon as he passes 1.8 K away he must turn and engage...1 call from his opponent the second call he loses fight(something along those lines)

2K is more then enough room to rope someone out....

That's just enough room for BadBoy's Tempest to high Yo-Yo in for another HO pass in my experience  :old:

I hope you get players of good character and proper fighting spirit because just the wrong person in a Tempest, for example, could ruin the whole concept.

I might join if you do a second round of competition. Perhaps some YouTube vids with some good highlights could stimulate interest and include the general population.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2013, 07:46:38 AM »
I like this as an idea dissimilar plane types is always the most interesting 1v1 combat imo, same plane can be very boring at times. Implementing it is another kettle of fish though...

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 09:31:18 AM »
I like this as an idea dissimilar plane types is always the most interesting 1v1 combat imo, same plane can be very boring at times. Implementing it is another kettle of fish though...

You aint kiddin...but I will get it ironed out proper... :pray

That's just enough room for BadBoy's Tempest to high Yo-Yo in for another HO pass in my experience  :old:

I hope you get players of good character and proper fighting spirit because just the wrong person in a Tempest, for example, could ruin the whole concept.

I might join if you do a second round of competition. Perhaps some YouTube vids with some good highlights could stimulate interest and include the general population.

thats why I chose 2000...it will allow an aggressive BnZ attacker...but someone who is not good at BnZ will have a hard time killing someone good in a turny bird with only 2 K separation allowed....

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
Hell, I will fight little old ladies in this game the same as anyone else.....  :devil

(yes I'm calling a pink spit driver a little old lady, but then again how else can I get them to fight me with ferious vengeance so I can really learn something, and I  :pray they know I am joking, now die in my pipper for a change dayum it!)

Well this "little old lady" will fight you anytime you would like.  Looking forward to it actually... :devil

...and I would like to try the DFC if I still can.  I probably won't last long but this old lady still has some kick left in her..I think.. :D

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2013, 07:05:23 AM »
Well this "little old lady" will fight you anytime you would like.  Looking forward to it actually... :devil

Ruh row, raggie. :uhoh

Let the deadstik arse kicking commence!  :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 07:07:10 AM »
INK - quick question:  Where will this forum be placed?  AH Events?  Sorry if I missed this...I am old and slow.  ;)
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 05:45:56 PM »
INK - quick question:  Where will this forum be placed?  AH Events?  Sorry if I missed this...I am old and slow.  ;)

DFC Forum :aok

just added you and Pepprr to Forum....(sorry it took so long :o)

keep an eye out for rules posting soon. :salute
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 05:48:19 PM by ink »

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »

Thank you
 :salute

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline Fulcrum