Author Topic: Ready for a Squad position  (Read 3488 times)

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
Re: Ready for a Squad position
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 08:35:00 PM »
nnnnnoooooooo!!!! say it isn't so Arlo...say it isn't so  :cry
Idk i always thought knights were more like pawns :bolt:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 01:57:46 PM »
   Hello,  I'm hoping to see if I fit in with a squad , My only extra baggage is I am Bish. Thank you
     Racie65
Well that is a serious problem but not insurmountable. What kind of planes do you like to fly and when is your prime flying time?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2013, 02:28:08 PM »
you should not limit yourself to one plane or certain types of planes.

Fly all the planes you like even if they are spits the mighty spitfire is still one of the best planes to learn your ACM and SA and you can easily apply those skills learned from the spits into any other A/C.

Me personally I never understood why some people limited themselves to 1 A/C rather than learn them all to be that much better at Air combat although I only spend most of my time in the Spits or 109K4 but I have had my share of flying multiple planes and can perform in them Just as any other A/C

That is all.  :salute :salute
With me it's a historical thing and more importantly staying in one plane forces me to make myself better in that aircraft. If every time I got into a hairy situation I upped a spitfire or Brewster I wouldn't be learning how to win a fight in my squads dedicated aircraft. Yeah, sometimes be shot down repeatedly gets old, but eventually one will learn what it takes to be successful in that particular plane.    For me that's where the game is especially rewarding.  :salute
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:42:21 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2013, 04:58:01 PM »
If you are willing to go knights, and like a P-47, send me a mesage
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline cotaylor

• Copper Member
      • 19th Bombardment Group
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 06:03:55 PM »

<S>
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:05:50 PM by cotaylor »
19taylor
CO - 19th Bombardment Group "Crazy Eyeballs"
http://19thbg.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
A bonus for joining JG5 is that Zach will hook you up a date with his sister.

ack-ack
:lol

If he draws the short straw he'll get Zach himself.

:lol
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MadBull

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
The best answer I had ever heard from a JG member as to why they only flew German was " It is to honor all of the forgotten heroes on the German side that were forced to fly again and again from fear of reprisal ".

Of coarse that was over 8 years ago. I really looked hard at them when I was squad hunting long ago for 2 reasons. Their core values and if you found one of them be prepared as his wingman was never far out. The whole squad was like that and they were always together as a team. This along with the excellent sticks they had flying for them made them a definite force to deal with.

I finally decided not to go with them because I just didn't want to be a Knight or do the required name change. It was not a decision I regretted at the time since the HA's treated me like family but I still can't fly German worth a crap because of it.

Now after a 7 plus year break it seems my squad is all but split to the wind and I too will be on the hunt for a new one. But I wouldn't rule out some of those dedicated squads as they have a lot of good sticks to learn from and you will be amazed at what some of them can do in their rides.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2013, 09:54:37 PM »
The best answer I had ever heard from a JG member as to why they only flew German was " It is to honor all of the forgotten heroes on the German side that were forced to fly again and again from fear of reprisal ".

Of coarse that was over 8 years ago. I really looked hard at them when I was squad hunting long ago for 2 reasons. Their core values and if you found one of them be prepared as his wingman was never far out. The whole squad was like that and they were always together as a team. This along with the excellent sticks they had flying for them made them a definite force to deal with.

I finally decided not to go with them because I just didn't want to be a Knight or do the required name change. It was not a decision I regretted at the time since the HA's treated me like family but I still can't fly German worth a crap because of it.

Now after a 7 plus year break it seems my squad is all but split to the wind and I too will be on the hunt for a new one. But I wouldn't rule out some of those dedicated squads as they have a lot of good sticks to learn from and you will be amazed at what some of them can do in their rides.

You're like me only less colorful and a little more grumpy :x :rock
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2013, 10:43:19 PM »
If he Jumps from plane to plane while learning the limitations of each A/C he will have no need to fly only 1 or 1 set of planes he will be able to fly them all.

The guys that limit themselves by flying one plane or one set of planes are those that still have alot to learn about ACM and I try my best when flying to help people learn how to fly and be good at flying.

Flying in one plane for the whole time in 1 tour or heck the whole time you play AH is just not going to teach you anything other than you will be good in that 1 plane not multiple planes.

It would be better for me to explain over comms considering the fact my typing skills have gone to poop from not playing too often.  :lol :lol  :salute
Then again, he only needs to be good in 1 plane to have fun in the game.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2013, 05:41:37 PM »
If you are willing to fly as part of a team, check out the 113th Lucky Strikes, Knights, Saturday evenings, 7:00PM EDST, Vox 113.  Check out our wiki page.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline xJUGGOx

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 09:40:38 AM »
The thing is from day one in any game is, "to have fun" that is what I always tell my guys that #1 priority is have fun flying/playing the game. Because when you stop having fun then the game isn't fun anymore. So in reality it really doesn't matter what airframe or GV you are in or how often but as long as you are having fun the rest of it doesn't really matter.

<{S}>
CO
VMF-222 ~Flying Deuces~
'Ain't No Rules In a Knife Fight'
http://www.vmf-222.com/

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
Don't limit yourself to one country. Just my 2 cents.

<S>

+1
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 11:04:22 AM »
The thing is from day one in any game is, "to have fun" that is what I always tell my guys that #1 priority is have fun flying/playing the game. Because when you stop having fun then the game isn't fun anymore. So in reality it really doesn't matter what airframe or GV you are in or how often but as long as you are having fun the rest of it doesn't really matter.

<{S}>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you have not decided yet, I suggest you ask this guy, CO of VMF-222, to allow you a try out.  You couldn't do better IMHO.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 11:32:18 AM »
With me it's a historical thing and more importantly staying in one plane forces me to make myself better in that aircraft. If every time I got into a hairy situation I upped a spitfire or Brewster I wouldn't be learning how to win a fight in my squads dedicated aircraft. Yeah, sometimes be shot down repeatedly gets old, but eventually one will learn what it takes to be successful in that particular plane.    For me that's where the game is especially rewarding.  :salute

I used to start with A and work my way through the planeset (fighters and attack) until I had a 2:1 K/D ratio in each plane.  When I was playing more it took a camp or two to work my way through the set.  It's enough time to learn what each plane does well and what it doesn't do well and to learn the similarities and differences in the airframe variants but not enough time to learn all the intricacies.

It will teach you what you like and what you don't, what your fighting style is and it will better prepare you to engage whatever you find with whatever your choice of plane is.  To me learning the planeset and knowing I could have success in anything was very rewarding (try to get a 2:1 K/D in a Spit I or a C.202 in the LWMA).

Now I don't play enough to care about such things as score or rank and fun is in the red darbar.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.