Author Topic: This 190 disappeared then warped to chaser's 6  (Read 570 times)

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
This 190 disappeared then warped to chaser's 6
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:32:13 AM »
Film of 190A8 that goes underground (disappeared) while being chased, then warps to chaser's 6.

By vox comments in film, all saw same thing.  :bhead
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: This 190 disappeared then warped to chaser's 6
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:13:22 AM »
I have had this happen too but I don't think it is a cheat just an unusual set of circumstances.  The plane flying through the ground is lag.  That is fairly common.  If you have flown very close to the ground and been chased, the chaser may have seen your plane in the films go through the ground.

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 06:28:36 AM »
I have had this happen too but I don't think it is a cheat just an unusual set of circumstances.  The plane flying through the ground is lag.  That is fairly common.  If you have flown very close to the ground and been chased, the chaser may have seen your plane in the films go through the ground.

Sorry didn't know was quite common. Wasn't trying to say it was a cheat either. Just something that we saw.
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline TGG93

• Copper Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 06:54:58 AM »
We all saw it go in the ground and we all pulled off thinking that was that, then it just popped up on HiSpd's six a good couple of seconds later. It was a strange one, we all saw it and commented on it on vent. I'm not suggesting there was any foul play, it just seemed awfully convenient for the 190 (if Bane and I hadn't still been on his six).
The Few.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:55:59 AM »
Pretty common when the warper has someone on his six but super rare when the roles are reversed.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 01:06:07 PM »
Sorry didn't know was quite common. Wasn't trying to say it was a cheat either. Just something that we saw.

No problem.  The first time I saw a plane on the films go through the ground, it got my attention too.

The 190 I was closing in on was high, he disappeared just before I pulled the trigger.  I turned toward home base.  After a couple of minutes the 190 shows up on my 6.  I figured he had a program crash I figured and when he came back he was behind me.