Author Topic: For the Beaufighter Fans!  (Read 475 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: For the Beaufighter Fans!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »
I guess I must have missed all the base strafing and Ship attacks that go on in AH on a daily basis.

That film was very informative and some great men interviewed on it.   If you haven't watched the entire thing do so.  

+1 for the Beau!!!   :aok

I would think of it as a slightly heavier but more durable mossie.   I know I feel a bit naked when doing ground attack in a Mossie your bound to lose something important.   If it handles somewhere between a 410 / mossie / A20 it will be nifty.  

Not to mention it will give our Aussie blokes something they built and helped defeat Japan with.   
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 02:28:39 PM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
Re: For the Beaufighter Fans!
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »
Just spent the last couple of hours watching this video.  I really am starting to like the WW2 content on uTube, there's always something new I haven't seen yet, like this one on the Beau.  What a fantastic video, great interviews, greater gun cam and other film, I can't recommend this one highly enough.

I never realized how quiet the Beaufighter was, nor how devastating it was when attacking in groups and squadrons like in these videos.