Author Topic: Newest edition of IL-2 -series developed by the team behind Rise of Flight.  (Read 3339 times)

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
don't we pay for new a/c in aces high? some months we pay and don't even get a new plane... wtf?
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
don't we pay for new a/c in aces high? some months we pay and don't even get a new plane... wtf?
No, we pay for access to the arenas.  The game is free.  You can do offline stuff to your heart's content with every aircraft or tank they've modeled without ever paying a penny.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
We also used to have a free 8-player arena. Aces High was free2play before it was cool...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
I need to work on my sarcasm abit I guess..  For this or that, we pay money here or pay money there.. I don't see a difference..
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:05:52 PM by kappa »
- TWBYDHAS

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member

:rofl

:)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
I've been following this for some time - with the RoF team in on this - it has potential.

It does but I still havnt forgotten the COD fiasco. I'll wait for it to come out. Im done with pre-ordering I dont care what they promise.

But for a per-Alpha that terrain and clouds do look purty.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:47:50 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
It does but I still havnt forgotten the COD fiasco.

Rise of Flight's development team not involved with the development of the CloD.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Rise of Flight's development team not involved with the development of the CloD.

CloD is getting more fun for every new patch they release  :aok

The Few GFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
That's what makes it WORSE.

It's already in the game and usable by the AI, there' s no reason to make you pay extra to make it usable by the player other than as a shameless cash grab.

This isn't as bad, if it's an actual Expansion Pack. But the model RoF used and Ack-Ack is describing is pretty much robbery.

RoF's business model is actually a good one and one that has been quite successful for them. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
CloD is getting more fun for every new patch they release  :aok

Is it just me or does every plane in CloD seem abysmally slow compared to AH? I do have TeamFusion mod installed. I've also yet to see a plane explode mid air. Lots of holes and they crash but no ripped wings, no explosions, and very rarely do I see fire.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
What is ClOD?

Thanks.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
What is ClOD?

Thanks.

Il-2 Cliffs of Dover. Started out as an unplayable buggy mess for many. Now it's all patched up and plays fine. Focuses on BoB though, so you won't see Me-262s and P51s.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Is it free? :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
I started off pretty on the fence about the whole graphics debate, but after seeing some IL2 videos, I think the eye candy adds another whole dimension of immersion and would not mind working towards getting a computer that could handle an Aces High with similar eye candy. I watched a video of someone flying a 109E from France over the Channel and engaging a couple of Spitfires and almost felt like I was there with the waves crashing below and the Cliffs of Dover and the French Countryside. +1 for improved graphics in AH. With such an extensive planeset modeled very accurately and dynamic gameplay, if Aces High got similar graphics, I don't know if I would play another game.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
:rofl Imagined AH looked like that. Half the people would be pooping their pants and the other half will be crying on their 2001 Dells.

call me old fashioned but that did not look much better than AHII.  :old:

I dont know how well AHII looks.  :old: