Author Topic: Side switchers  (Read 5479 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Side switchers
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2013, 02:19:37 PM »
One of the historical (game-wise) problems with allowing side-switching with shorter time restrictions was the tendency of the masses to switch sides when they thought "victory" was eminent for one side or the other. There would be a mass migration to the side about to "win" in hopes of earning the perk points. I seem to recall this migration happening earlier and earlier in a map rotation until it became a substantial hindrance to any type of balanced game-play.

Regards,

Hammer

Which isn't an issue any longer in this game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2013, 06:54:41 AM »
...try to break the chess piece mentality.

[sarcasm]
I don't know why folks get so worked up over those cute little Pittsburgh Steelers, or Dallas Cowboys, or New York Giants, or Miami Dolphins, or New York Yankees, or or or ....

I mean they are only teams.  Who would want to be loyal to that?!  We need to break this fascination with a little pigskin ball followers.   ... and that cute little baseball (that goes 90+ mph). And dont get me started on soccer or boxing.

They should be able to switch sides mid game too!
[/sarcasm]

There are many takes on this topic.  All are as legit as the next.  Those that are loyal to a team are not childish or in error.  It simply works for them.  No biggie.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 07:07:36 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: August 06, 2013, 07:13:07 AM »
Where were all those purists side switchers last night when Rooks had an enormous advantage in numbers?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2013, 08:13:25 AM »
Where were all those purists side switchers last night when Rooks had an enormous advantage in numbers?

Probably waiting 10-12 hours to switch again.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2013, 10:09:02 AM »
Probably waiting 10-12 hours to switch again.

Exactly. I couldn't fly with my squadies last night because of that damn 12hr rule  :furious.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »
 Those that are loyal to a team are not childish

they're not?

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2013, 01:07:38 PM »
Exactly. I couldn't fly with my squadies last night because of that damn 12hr rule  :furious.
I thought kn was knight only :neener:
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline No9Squadron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2013, 03:24:43 PM »
My solution for all the spying and "checking which team to fly with" I have posted in wishlist.

Where human nature can not be controlled, humans can be kept busy or fed a "crock" instead.

I would disallow anyone with less than 2 stars to control a CV group.

Anyone with less than 1 star would not be allowed to see their team's noe positions.

I am plagued sometimes by people who have no stars, but are hungry for information about my altitude, direction, load, target. Some of these guys tell me not to bomb a factory because they will do it, or will offer to gun but on inspection these guys are missing the enemy 100%. Interestingly, these no-star players are often re-routing CVs as well.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: August 06, 2013, 03:27:01 PM »
:noid:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:14:51 PM by Zacherof »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 06, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »
My solution for all the spying and "checking which team to fly with" I have posted in wishlist.

Where human nature can not be controlled, humans can be kept busy or fed a "crock" instead.

Anyone with less than 1 star would not be allowed to see their team's noe positions.

I am plagued sometimes by people who have no stars, but are hungry for information about my altitude, direction, load, target. Some of these guys tell me not to bomb a factory because they will do it, or will offer to gun but on inspection these guys are missing the enemy 100%. Interestingly, these no-star players are often re-routing CVs as well.

Why is that?  How does gaming the system to get the stars make me not a spy?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: August 06, 2013, 03:54:24 PM »

thats a bit overboard. I'm in a Navy squad with guys that have been here for years and none of us care about the stars, a lot only come in the MA after FSO but some of us do tool around the MA. Your going to tell us we can't move a ship because we don't have stars, wtf ever.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 03:58:26 PM by whiteman »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I just read one of the funniest things I have ever read on the AH BBS..... :rofl :rofl :rofl

hey

psst

hey you......

its a game :O

Offline Nashorn

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2013, 04:03:29 PM »
I don't even know where the hell my star came from, can anyone let me know? and what is there significance?

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2013, 04:07:15 PM »
I don't even know where the hell my star came from, can anyone let me know? and what is there significance?

it means you have been flying more than one plane and doing more than one thing. that is all nothing special

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2013, 04:10:21 PM »

Stars are meaningless, it only is an indicator one has done the achievements.  Tying restrictions on game play or a player based on the amount of achievements they've completed is to put it mildly, dumb.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song