Author Topic: Films Recording Too Short  (Read 547 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Films Recording Too Short
« on: August 03, 2013, 05:31:42 PM »
I've tried recording three films to send them to a friend. I press Alt/R and save them. I record the whole flight to landing. When I run the film in the film viewer, though, the film only lasts two to four seconds and stops. That's it. For some reason that seems to be all I recorded.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Films Recording Too Short
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 08:02:20 PM »
If you have auto record on then you may be turning film off. Make sure you see a red R in the upper left corner of your monitor. That indicates film recording is active.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »
Thanks. I'll look for that.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 02:33:07 PM »
Ok. Not sure what I did but I'm getting full filming now. Next question: While viewing using internal (cockpit) view, why are are all the targets below the cowl so I can't see them? It's like the plane is firing some distance above the target, whether it be a plane or ground target. I've seen other guys'  films where they get a plane in their gunsight, fire and the plane gets hit. When I view the film you can't see the target.

Only way I can find to see the actual target getting hit is using external view.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 03:38:42 PM »
Ok. Not sure what I did but I'm getting full filming now. Next question: While viewing using internal (cockpit) view, why are are all the targets below the cowl so I can't see them? It's like the plane is firing some distance above the target, whether it be a plane or ground target. I've seen other guys'  films where they get a plane in their gunsight, fire and the plane gets hit. When I view the film you can't see the target.

Only way I can find to see the actual target getting hit is using external view.

Without seeing the actual film,I'm only guessing but I think it's your angle of attack.

If you are in a turn in order to hit the enemy you need to pull lead,get your gunsight infront of the enemy to shoot and hit him.However if you attack with a crossing shot,from below or above you can often see the enemy in the gunsight.

This leads me to think you are fly in F3 and then watching the film from cockpit view or you would understand why you are seeing what the film shows.  Again I'm only guessing here,as I don't have a film to look at and know for sure.

hope that helps!

:salute

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
You can check "gun sight" view...a lot of players go in and out of this and other views to make the film.