Author Topic: ahem to CT members...  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Kronos

• Nickel Member
ahem to CT members...
« on: January 02, 2002, 04:57:00 PM »
Must apologize for going off on ch. 1 tonight.  I hate to think that several players left because of what was happening on the open channel.  The CT is usually much different than the MA, and in the MA I hold my tongue mostly.  The CT has a more experienced cadre of players I think, and so it is not normally an open channel of mouthing off and whining about who does what and what plane beats what.  I let my temper get the best of me ( as well as alcohol, which couldnt have had anything to do with it)_  :D  And i simply want all to continue to have a good time, so my apologies to all.

Kronos

Online eddiek

• Silver Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2002, 09:22:00 PM »
I got discoed, Kronos, but from what I saw, you were pretty much defensive in there in that verbal spat.
From where I stand, SALUTE to Wilbuz, Hazed, and others for trying to shut up that guy who was LWhining and generally making it miserable in there!  
PS--in Real Life, did the real dude with that name have a preference for....err......perpubescent males? :O

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 03:04:00 AM »
I 've been away a few months.... I know there have always been freaks but wow...is this a meeting place lately or what ?

Am having a good laugh when they "Join without asking" though... in the CT you can go to "unpopulated fields"...refuel and take off again (rince & repeat)  :D
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline LJK_KämpferAs

• Copper Member
      • http://www.demonz.co.nz
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2002, 03:42:00 AM »
Soc was being a jerk, forget him. We still like ya  :)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2002, 05:34:00 AM »
Was I the only one who actually thought it was funny when soc was rambling?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2002, 05:37:00 AM »
...Especially when he started with the "I'm a real pilot, I know how these things work"-routine

Offline ET

• Copper Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2002, 07:48:00 AM »
Kronos,old nme,new ally.
You were entirely right in defending the verbal assault on you by a miffed nme you defeated fair and square.
Did he ever accept the advice of the others to take a ride with them so they could show him a few tricks about the plane ? In offering to help him like that,those guys showed a lot of maturity while he kept up a running whine.

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2002, 08:51:00 AM »
Hehehe, had to admit I had a good laugh after all.   :)

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Vector

• Nickel Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2002, 10:10:00 AM »
Doh! Not even a screenshot?
 :D

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »
Kronos,
I was there too... That guy was like talking to a wall.  Most of us in the CT know what these planes will do and won't.  He was wrong, you were right.   :cool:

It just gets me really POd when people are that closed minded.   :mad:

I think the CT is not the place for the "Bubble Gum Crew".  Guys that want more realism from their simulation fly the CT.

We all get our butts handed to us from time-to-time... hehe  It's a big part of what keeps me coming back.  :D

Anyway Kronos, wasn't your fault at all.. <S>

Max - Out!

Offline WildBlue

• Copper Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2002, 10:27:00 PM »
From time to time? Hehe...i get my a** in a sling a lot in the c/t... because, yes, there are the vets there. And you know what? I wouldn't have it any other way! The folks in the c/t are good, caring people who will go out of their way to help you, if you only ask! Yes, i'm not so good yet, but... if learning from experience and the tutoring of better pilots works, then i will soon be holding my own! (already, i'm hard to hit, huh hazed? lol) but really, people who just want to mouth off should go to main, or better yet, to h2h where they will get booted regularly! paying the fee doesn't give anyone the right to be an a**hole.  :rolleyes:

Offline K West

• Silver Member
ahem to CT members...
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2002, 07:38:00 AM »
Nice to hear Wildblue <S>

I personally find it easier to "talk" with the other side because it isn't as "loud" as the MA tends to be. Which offers more opportunity to pass on tips, advive and explanations on how things in AH work.

Glad to 'see' you there! <S>

Westy