Author Topic: Yak 3 handbook.  (Read 509 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Yak 3 handbook.
« on: August 15, 2013, 05:27:15 AM »
It is in French & also has some rough drawings of the sight for the Yak 3. Bustr may be interested in that?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/111244062/Manuel-Yak-3

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Yak 3 handbook.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:46:08 PM »
The first picture with the line reticle in pink is what I found in a Russian film showing the gunsight. That's the late PBP with the main ring about 120Mil and secondary ring 80Mil. The early PBP has a 100\70 Mil ring set. The first tick marks on the cross describe 1\3 of the main ring. Follows the Revi method of dividing the main ring into 6ths. I'm still not sure why the PBP Early was considered not very good for aiming bombs and rockets in the early Yaks.

Those are the PBP Early and PBP Late I released with the new Yaks to commemorate them. I have your manual in Russian.

By the way, when the pilot was on the ground he was supposed to adjust the center of the reticle visa the range dial to a large cross on the rear of the prop as a center for 200yds. Personally I think it's 200m. You see that repeated in the instructions for other fighters using the adjustable head PBP or PAK gunsights.

GREEBOOOOOOO....where is the cross on the back of the prop in the Yaks???????????????? Even the P51D had one.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.