Author Topic: My weird rudders.  (Read 1015 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: My weird rudders.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2013, 07:57:26 AM »
Heres an even weirder chapter in the sage of my weird rudders. The other day, once again, my rudders failed to show up in windows. This time it was plugged into my 3rd Hub alone. So I pull out the old keyboard, the one my rudders always work on when I use its USN port, and plug the rudders in. They worked.

Then I shut the puter down, unplugged the keyboard, and plugged the rudder output back into that 3rd Hub. When I started the puter again the rudders showed. So now Im thinking this is a weird software thing and not a hardware issue.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2013, 05:30:04 PM »
After getting to the Device Manager with the batch, did you click Show hidden devices in the Show menu?

@Chalenge: Thanks for the compliment.  :salute

yuppers....although I am pretty sure I did this a couple years ago....thinking thats why none were greyed out.

Heres an even weirder chapter in the sage of my weird rudders. The other day, once again, my rudders failed to show up in windows. This time it was plugged into my 3rd Hub alone. So I pull out the old keyboard, the one my rudders always work on when I use its USN port, and plug the rudders in. They worked.

Then I shut the puter down, unplugged the keyboard, and plugged the rudder output back into that 3rd Hub. When I started the puter again the rudders showed. So now Im thinking this is a weird software thing and not a hardware issue.

ya man....sounds strange as all heck :headscratch:

wish I could help, but I haven't a clue :o

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »
You could be having USB type conflicts.

Saitek Pro rudder is a USB 2 device. Unless you have other Saitek products many of our joysticks, trackIR, mice, keyboards are USB 1 or 1.1.

PC Wizard or USBDview will show you this and your BUS and internal HUBs. They are free from the Internet. You may find your PC only has 2 USB BUS not doing a good job of auto sensing and switching, and you juggled your USB types or power requirements to a working combination.

Saitek rudders draw 100ma opposed to joysticks around 32ma. TrackIR 350ma and USB HI fidelity 7.1 emulation headsets 100-350ma.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2013, 05:33:28 AM »
yuppers....although I am pretty sure I did this a couple years ago....thinking thats why none were greyed out.
Yes, that's probably the reason. If you haven't changed your setup since and don't have any USB sticks or cameras only occasionally plugged in, and don't change the USB ports for your existing devices, there won't be any greyed devices. All would be present and thus showing in full black.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »
This might sound extremely simple but when the OP is saying that he has hubs, are any external powered USB hubs?  I wouldn't think of running my CH gear and my Saitek pedals on anything but an external powered USB hub.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!