Author Topic: Golden Corral  (Read 493 times)

Offline USAFCAPcTSgt

• Copper Member
Golden Corral
« on: August 11, 2013, 09:50:44 PM »
Just found out they have been offering a breakfast buffet on the weekends.  Eggs, sausages, pancakes, french toast, etc...  oh and BACON!!!!  Sure beats cooking at home for the same stuff once a week.

They said it's a limited time offer for $7.99 with coffee, OJ, or milk.  Soda is extra.

Those who like buffets, jump on this while you can.  More that do, maybe they might extend the buffet longer. 

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Re: Golden Corral
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:43:17 PM »
This is standard every week for at least the last three years here at the Hannibal, MO Golden Corral. As a matter of fact I was there Saturday morning, maybe it's just new in your area but not around here. It's starts at 7am here and finishes at 11am so if you time it right you can get some breakfast and some lunch.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 10:05:13 AM »
So for $25 I can drive 20 min to feed my family some crusty scrambled eggs, nasty bacon, and greasy undercooked sausage with all the fixins?

For half that I can provide custom omelets, good bacon and sausage, biscuits, melon and taters in about a half hour and avoid all the smelly fat slobs sneezing on the food trough.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 11:53:39 AM »
So for $25 I can drive 20 min to feed my family some crusty scrambled eggs, nasty bacon, and greasy undercooked sausage with all the fixins?

For half that I can provide custom omelets, good bacon and sausage, biscuits, melon and taters in about a half hour and avoid all the smelly fat slobs sneezing on the food trough.

I don't know anywhere that you can get bacon, sausage, biscuits, melon, taters, and omelet material for 12.50.

You shoppin' at the dollar store or somethin?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 12:22:17 PM »

But then you need to cook, do the dishes and (at least in our kitchen) half the house smells like bacon after you finish frying it. It's a great smell when you're hungry but not so desireable afterwards. Or perhaps you have a house maid from the Philippines doing that stuff for you? Then I don't blame you!

The only thing I enjoy about my traveling work is the hotel breakfasts.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
But then you need to cook, do the dishes and (at least in our kitchen) half the house smells like bacon after you finish frying it. It's a great smell when you're hungry but not so desireable afterwards. Or perhaps you have a house maid from the Philippines doing that stuff for you? Then I don't blame you!

The only thing I enjoy about my traveling work is the hotel breakfasts.

the hell you say.  bacon always smells good.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »
It's a great smell when you're hungry but not so desireable afterwards.

What the hell, man.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 01:16:36 PM »
Ripley, if you were looking to completely destroy your credibility, then you did a fine job.  :D

The smell of a good bacon is the best reason to get up everyday.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 01:50:08 PM »
half the house smells like bacon after you finish frying it. It's a great smell when you're hungry but not so desireable afterwards.
Get a rope. :huh
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 03:23:56 PM »
I spent a weekend working in the Reidsville NC area a few months back on power outages.

We were fed breakfast at the local Golden Corral each day.

150-200 men, all healthy and some large appetites in the crew.

Have to admit, the folks at that Golden Corral kept the buffet loaded. Bacon never once was greasy, limp nor was a single slice left!
Omelets, pancakes, fruit, even cereal for the younger members of the crew.

I saw some guys that seemed to be having baconasms..........

That was one of the better feasts I've enjoyed and I taken a meal in some real dumps at times.

Offline FA_Refugee

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 03:42:29 PM »

I'm with you Dragon.  My wife is an excellent cook, with benefits, so I don't need Golden Corral.
Weizel

"Vodka without beer and truffles is like throwing money in the wind."

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 04:31:40 PM »

Chef I can understand what you're saying but I have never had any problems with the food or service at our local Golden Corral, when we have been(which is a lot) the food is kept fresh they rotate the counter food on a regular basis. It's also good for me and my wife to get out, she's disabled and when I'm working she hardly gets out of the house, so when I get time off I like to take her out for meals

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 05:03:09 PM »
About 10 years ago, I made a BLT sandwich with 3 pounds of bacon on it.

I’ve been thinking about going for the four pounder… You guys are talking me into it!
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 05:38:13 PM »
We don't have a Golden Corral near here. The last one I ate at was in Conway, Ar when I was on a business trip. I'm serious about it being the LAST one. Walmart had better looking customers. Apparently everyone with a family of 10 or more (approx 90% of the population) had saved up to take the gang down to GC for their one meal of the week. Maybe it was Govamint check day, I don't know. But it looked like a school of slackjawed squid in a feeding frenzy.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.