Author Topic: Time for Plan B  (Read 2113 times)

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Time for Plan B
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2001, 12:56:00 PM »
Pimpjoe, no need for me to calm down, I'm not upset.  I just wanted to make it clear that suggestions which are suicidal to HTC's business are not going to help.  Please continue to make suggestions but keep in mind that they have 6 salaries to pay.  <S>

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2001, 09:09:00 PM »
What WarChild said.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2001, 12:52:00 AM »
I think AH still doesn't have enough people to populate two arenas at the same time. I love the CT, I really do, but I live in the far East. If there aren't many people at the CT in your time zone, just imagine what it is like when I log on at about 9:00 PM in Seoul, Korea  :(

How about a "History Night"? Take one day from a week and it is CT only.. Of course, to keep people from complaining this policy forces people to the CT, HTC would have to refine and redesign CT maps, settings, strats and etc...

My 12₩  :D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2001, 10:48:00 AM »
You're probably right about that Kwe.  But you have to imagine what it's like when I log in at 9:00 pm in California.  300 people in the MA.  There's definitely enough players to make something happen on a nightly basis.  Maybe not 24-7 though.

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
AH does have enough players to populate 2 arenas full time.  It doesn't need 1 arena to hold 400 ppl...

SKurj

Offline zarkov

• Copper Member
      • http://N/A
Time for Plan B
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2001, 04:31:00 PM »
If there were a WWIIA (MA settings except Axis vs. Allies), I would play for sure in it.  Why not start with that and slowly refine the "theater" as time goes by?

Field captures MUST be enabled - otherwise there's no strat, just furballing, which is why I suspect numbers were so low during my two-week grace period.

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2001, 05:12:00 PM »
I think part of the problem is the current map in the CT was designed for large historical scenarios. It is an excellent map, but probably a little out of scale for the number of people who fly (or would fly) in the MA. I think if we had a 128x128 historical map or 256 x 256 historical map built to AH1.08 standards (i.e.- The 3 T's; Trains, trucks, and trees) you would see more happening in the CT. We'll have to see what happens.

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Sundog ]

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2001, 01:17:00 PM »
Punt

Offline Achttag

• Zinc Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2001, 11:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup:
Pimpjoe the phenomenon you describe does indeed occur but it is not the cause of the lack of pilots in the current CT.  Initially the CT had plenty of pilots in it, but they stopped coming back.  We need to look at why they stopped coming back.  

FYI Personally, because no-one won the war. Initially I didn't realise that the war couldn't be won (ie no field captures) and so I enjoyed it and really could not understand why the numbers were so low. Then DUH...I thought something screwy's going on.
So as soon as I did find out, I didn't come back.

Achttag
<< Dragon Hawks >> - Armored Division
Don't get me started about trees

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2001, 11:27:00 AM »
My suggestion, which is cummulitive of several suggestions, most important being, CAPTURE IS POSSIBLE:

In real war, the reward for going to war was real estate.  Guys didn't fly to find a furball for ONLY the purpose of being rewarded for the kill, they didn't bomb the crap out of a city in order to 'feel good about landing and surviving'...they did it for the big picture of CAPTURE!

Set CT up with rotating maps once a month.(Or, auto-change theatres with with "War is over")

ETO, then PTO, pick a map for either.(Channel map once, then Norway, or Philippines, then ??)

Enable field capture.

Limted icons, 3k or less for friendly,none for enemy.

Disable bar dar below 500 feet OR disable dot dar.(Its my opinion that some sort of dar should be avail, so folks CAN find a fight)

Make it 1945, enable all planes for that Theatre, or, make it 1941 first week, 1942 second week, etc.

Its a no -brainer...allow field capture and they will come.

Most of all, forget what other sims did, this is AH, it has had almost a 33% customer base increase lately, the sooner they do something with it the better, there are alot here that are ready for something new (Some have moved onto IL-2 until some kind of new arena or version draws their interest once again) and the new guys are willing to give something different a try...lets DO it!  Throw something together..if it doesn't work, the population within that arena on a given week-end night will tell ya.

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2001, 11:48:00 AM »

Offline Aiswulf

• Copper Member
      • http://mdiplo.tripod.com
Time for Plan B
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2001, 05:56:00 PM »
Ripsnort pretty much sums it up for me though I'd prefer the RPS over "all planes all the time".

How we get there is another thing all together.  Do we start out close to what the MA is like and then move slowly away or do we go hard core put in all the settings that are possible now and hope HT will add in the rest as he is capable and or willing?

My opinion is that we lean towards hard core.  People are going to come check out something that is seriously different from what they are presently flying and those who like it will likely stay while the others will simply go back and stay in the MA.

This then is my 2cents  :D

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2001, 06:05:00 PM »
Instead of a RPS to start out with, I think the following would be more interesting.

Tie aircraft model avialability to specific strat objects w/ the most valuable aircraft's facility being closest to the begining front line.  Begin each campaign with all reasonable aircraft (ie. no 262, tempest) available and planes are removed as their associated facility is lost.  If the facility is recaptured then its plane is once again available.

Maybe...

F.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
Time for Plan B
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
My opinion is that we lean towards hard core. People are going to come check out something that is seriously different from what they are presently flying and those who like it will likely stay while the others will simply go back and stay in the MA.

This was already tried, and the CT is empty.