Author Topic: Yet another thread about Radar :)  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Yet another thread about Radar :)
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
well, I'm glad other people enjoy sitting in the tower.  I'd do it for about 1-2 minutes max, and only after being shot down.

2 sectors is 50 miles.  That is more than enough to cover the narrowest part of the channel.  You'd have to take those buffs up from farther up, and you'd still show up before you got over the channel (or within 50 miles of the nearest airbase you get close to.)

Just NOE it for now.  we did with 4 B-26's and got to the base unmolested.  Took some fire over the base tho, only 1 made it home.
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
"there is a online community that absolutely loves to sit and watch radar terminals. The SATCO orginzation"

Heh.  I never would have guessed.  Amazing what is going on "out there".   :)

It'd be cool if HTC had the resources to create a model of real WWII radar, and we could get some SATCO guys to run it for scenarios.  Maybe version 3.00.....    :)
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
I'm not saying dot dar in the tower would be bad.  I'm not saying you can't give folks more info if they are in the tower.

My only point was that we need some form of information while I'm in flight.  Bar dar, dot dar, whatever... something.  If you give me in-flight bar dar and dot dar in the tower... ok.  Just don't take away my only means of vectoring to a fight while in the air and force me to rely on somebody else for that info, that's all.

And yes hblair, I have been, and plan to be, in the CT.  I don't have very much time to fly this summer, as I'm very busy IRL.  However, what time I do have to spend in arenas other than the TA will likely be in the CT.  Especially once I can get a Jug in there.  I'm not a big spitball fan, but hopefully we'll have the Hurri in there next time to start off.  :)