Author Topic: Leave killshooter off  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2002, 03:58:00 AM »
I would sling, several times actually. We've allready had newbies in there, had a couple of them when KS was still off, and it was fun.

Everything worked out well with KS off, nobody knew it was off so I was the first to experience it when a friednly PT boat hit me with some 50 cal. I killed my enemy but agured and my friend got the kill. After this everybody in the whole team were real carefull what they fired at, imagine they were in the other team aswell.

PUT KS ON AGAIN!
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2002, 07:36:00 AM »
The penalty for hitting a friendly is your own "death" when kilshooter is on. When it is off the penalty for shooting down a friendly is_____ nothing.  No court martial or no firing squad to be faced.  Hell, there's not even remorse in most cases.

So now we have folks who fire away blindly at YOU and the enemy bogy in front of them because the worste that will happen from undisciplined shooting is that friendly will get shot down along side the enmy bogy.
Oh well <shrug>.  

Well THAT is bull and an arena with killshooter off and no penalty for shooting down an ally is the most unrealistic type of environment of them all.

Please keep killshooter ON until such time as an automatic "persona-non gratis" system is in place. I would want to see a 24hr lock out period per friendly shot down. So shoot down two friendlies and your guns do not work for two days in the country you had "fragged" the friendlies in.

Westy

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2002, 08:43:00 AM »
I haven't noticed it either way in CA. I say leave it as it is. Didn't like the fact someone cuttin in front of you resulted in ur own death as you pinged him by mistake due to his selfish flyin. This way he'd think twice.

What happens if your own team shoots you down? Do you get the kill message in the buffer? Accidents will happen but a repeat offender will lose support quickly. I say leave ks for MA. At least for a while..
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2002, 10:15:00 AM »
Well it was not a problem at all in the CT any time in the recent past with Killshooter being off. In fact it helped team mates more by having a good deal more communication when flying about what was happening.

Also the people that were new to the CT arena were a bit quick on the trigger in some instances. BUT overall there were a limited number of people that shot down other players. In each case it never happened by the same player more than once that I know of and was not an issue until people started saying it needed to be on in the arena.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2002, 03:45:00 PM »
Good point sling. <S>

I would take the time to explain to them, but it would only take one "bad apple" to spoil the time for many players.

<S> CT staff!
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2002, 03:59:00 PM »
No Killshooter + Free Trial + Open Arena = Disaster.

Been there, done that in WB HA.  I spent more time hunting friendly team killers than fighting the enemy.    :(

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2002, 04:02:00 PM »
TURN IT OFF!  :D

I won't give up, will dedicate my time in AH to convincing everybody that KS is a BAAAAAD thing!  :D
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson

Liberating Livestock since 1998, recently returned from a 5 year Sheep-care training camp.

Offline redphoenix

• Zinc Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2002, 02:30:01 AM »
It was like this....

I am ripping along in a Mossie on the tail of a Spit... I just start pulling the trigger when this F4U-C comes into my line of fire...

I am dead...

This guy did two things two me when he did this...

a. He rudely and with total disregard for ANYONE, stole a KILL...
b. I died and left my squadron without a plane at the target area
    and subsequently fail to complete the mission...

As an aside... the Spit pilot must have laughed his arse of when he got credit for my untimely death.

Turn this off... I would have preferred toasting him than what happened to me...

THEN... two flights later... it happened again...

NOW... if one gets into the habit of killing countrymen...(HTC can keep a count of these 'incidents') then they can politely turn that
account off...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline K West

• Silver Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2002, 08:17:03 AM »
"I am ripping along in a Mossie on the tail of a Spit... I just start pulling the trigger when this F4U-C comes into my line of fire..."

This did not happen in the C.T.    

In the slight chance it did then too bad. You were admittedly about to try and frag a friendly (the Spit) while flying a Mossie. Which is solid proof that Killshooter needs to be ON.

Westy

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2002, 10:22:55 AM »
Some logic escapes me.

You don't trust some one to not steal a kill, hence not wanting kill shooter, but you trust them not to shoot you down to get a kill?

HiTech

Offline Wilbus

• Platinum Member
Leave killshooter off
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2002, 11:07:55 AM »
Well Hitech, some people won't shoot you, some will, some (most) will not steal a kill, some will. No way around it unfortunatly, I loved it with KS off in the CT, I was the first one to find out it was off when I got wacked by a friendly PT who fired at an enemy spit near me. Was very VERY fun after that and everybody knew to watch their fire.

Then again, maybe your right, proabrly are, those who steal kills (when they know he is dead) will allso kill a friendly to get a kill.
Rasmus "Wilbus" Mattsson