Author Topic: STRATS !!!!!!!  (Read 1337 times)

Offline agosling

• Zinc Member
STRATS !!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2001, 01:39:00 PM »
Hoards of AI bombers attacking strat targets on each side might make it appealing to a lot of people. If you want to fly bombers, you could hide in the hoard. Fighters would get a share of credit for target damage and number of bombers returning to base. Opposite fighters would, of course, try to limit this reward by destroying bombers.

Shouldn't be too hard to get 100+ bomber formations going under AI, could even have some AI radio chatter to give the fighters vectors to what part of the bomber formation is under attack.

The main point of this idea is that most of the air war was about strat targets and air supremacy, but that part of the flying (strat) is slightly boring compared to trying to stop the strat bombers (air supremacy). By assigning the relatively boring part to the computer (that's what they're for), we get our cake and eat it, too!

BTW, wish list for additional aircraft for CT:

He 111
Do 17
Ju 87
Early Hurris and Spits
Me 110

Yes, I'm a Battle of Britain freak   :)

Would also make radar dependent on functioning radar stations (not at fields) - I an hear those Stukas already   :).

Another idea while I'm at it - no private radio channels while in-flight, but limit range to 100 nm or so. Any Navajo players in here?

aka SnoGoose
No 73 Hornet Squadron "Piece of Cake"

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: agosling ]