Author Topic: FW 190 shake down flights.  (Read 2172 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: FW 190 shake down flights.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 06:35:28 PM »
Where I think a lot of peoples' perceptions go wrong is when it comes to defining the 'edge of the envelope'.  I don't think more than the top couple percent of sticks can actually get right to the edge of the aircraft's capabilities in this game.  I also think about half the players believe they can. ;)  In RL, the percentages are likely a lot lower.  I'd bet very few engagements in the war were actually decided by the properties of the aircraft versus the capabilities and decisions made by the pilot.

When it comes to videos/anecdotes, there's just no way to know the exact conditions of the planes, skill levels of the pilots, and the legion of other factors that contribute to the outcome.

When it comes to ingame performance, math is the only thing that counts.  Everything else is just noise.

/hijack

Cool 190 vid!

Wiley.

Ok....
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: FW 190 shake down flights.
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »
190a7 can not do a hard 180 without stalling so that would be impossible  :D

If the Aces High Focke Wulf is accurate, the camera facing backwards is the correct direction since the tail is always aimed at the enemy anyway.   :lol
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:42:21 PM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera