Author Topic: wirbel gun sight  (Read 7693 times)

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
Re: wirbel gun sight
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 01:35:02 PM »
 :salute well this sucks cant download it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 04:13:57 PM »
:salute well this sucks cant download it.

If you feel strongly about getting them. PM me your e-mail address and I will respond with them as a zip attachment.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2013, 11:18:03 PM »
The real Wirbelwind sights are not what we have in game. They had two as did the Ostwind.
One for ground targets one for aircraft.

This is the ground sight Zielfernrohr 3x8deg Flack.

This is for aircraft the Schwebekreisviser 38.

The Ostwind used the same ground sight as the Wirbelwind. The prototype Ostwind used a sight that was only used on the prototype that was used in combat trials. It also is not what we have in AHII.
All production Ostwinds used the Schwebedornvisier it looked like this.

Truth be told all the mentioned sights on this link are useless in game because we don't have a fellow near the gunner doing this.

With out the guy at the rear with the horizontal looking telescope calling out the information needed for the people to adjust the sight to his call outs.

You really would not hit anything.

If you can see the tracers as they fire at your target & if you can tell if they are going under the aircraft or going over the aircraft that is all you need to know. Pull more lead if they are going under decrease the lead if the are going over.

If you using the sights in game you have limited your ability's to hit much of anything with the German flackpanzers. There is several ways to improve your shooting the in game sights is not one of them.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 11:51:45 PM »
Do we know why osti doesn't have its historical range or at lest the 37manned?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
The ones in game (Flakvisier 35) were used in fixed positions. The only image of the reticle for that one I've ever seen calculated out to about 120Mil. The ww2 footage was blurry and I only had about a 6th of an arc to work with. By leading based on 120Mil rings with what I came up with I hit a lot of aircraft while not on full zoom. On full zoom I can shoot at fixed positions and other GV utilizing the range marks in my reticles. Hitech has limited the effective ranges to 1700yds and 2700yds so most combat is very close and fast anyway. If our manned 37mm positions are German, then we have the wrong iron sight in them also.

Does anyone have a picture of the reticle for the Flakvisier 35? The 38\40 was a 100Mil cross relying on a two man team to do the range sighting and hand input range\azimuth while the gunner worried about following the change in intensity in the lit cross arms as his que for shooting.

Manned 37mm effective range is 4700yds based on when it stops making impact dots on the offline target. You can test all small arms in that manner in the game for their maximum effective range. When it stops making a mark on the target the matrix is absorbing it. I watch too many players shooting from wirbel\osti\37mm beyond their max range all the time. Against flying targets, 1000yds or there about is really the effective range for any of these guns with the average group of shooters in our game.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:13 AM »
The ones in game (Flakvisier 35) were used in fixed positions. The only image of the reticle for that one I've ever seen calculated out to about 120Mil. The ww2 footage was blurry and I only had about a 6th of an arc to work with. By leading based on 120Mil rings with what I came up with I hit a lot of aircraft while not on full zoom. On full zoom I can shoot at fixed positions and other GV utilizing the range marks in my reticles. Hitech has limited the effective ranges to 1700yds and 2700yds so most combat is very close and fast anyway. If our manned 37mm positions are German, then we have the wrong iron sight in them also.

Does anyone have a picture of the reticle for the Flakvisier 35? The 38\40 was a 100Mil cross relying on a two man team to do the range sighting and hand input range\azimuth while the gunner worried about following the change in intensity in the lit cross arms as his que for shooting.

Manned 37mm effective range is 4700yds based on when it stops making impact dots on the offline target. You can test all small arms in that manner in the game for their maximum effective range. When it stops making a mark on the target the matrix is absorbing it. I watch too many players shooting from wirbel\osti\37mm beyond their max range all the time. Against flying targets, 1000yds or there about is really the effective range for any of these guns with the average group of shooters in our game.

Don't have the reticle on the Flackvisier 35 but I do just about have everything else about it.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/104636119/TME9-228-2cm-Flakvierling-38-German-20mm-Antiaircraft-Gun-Four-Barreled-Mount-1943

http://www.scribd.com/doc/50880823/Enemy-Weapons-Part-III-German-Light-AA-and-AT-Guns-War-Office-1942-WW

I have been trying to find these manuals they have what you need.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/waffenausbildung-in-der-flakartillerie-ausgabe-fur-den-kanonier-2-cm-flak-30/oclc/246410400?referer=di&ht=edition
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:41:16 AM by lyric1 »

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 07:32:56 AM »
 :salute any chance someone making a film on this? I am most likely asking to much. :cheers:

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 11:52:38 AM »
The real Wirbelwind sights are not what we have in game. They had two as did the Ostwind.
One for ground targets one for aircraft.

This is the ground sight Zielfernrohr 3x8deg Flack.

This is for aircraft the Schwebekreisviser 38.

The Ostwind used the same ground sight as the Wirbelwind. The prototype Ostwind used a sight that was only used on the prototype that was used in combat trials. It also is not what we have in AHII.
All production Ostwinds used the Schwebedornvisier it looked like this.

Truth be told all the mentioned sights on this link are useless in game because we don't have a fellow near the gunner doing this.

With out the guy at the rear with the horizontal looking telescope calling out the information needed for the people to adjust the sight to his call outs.

You really would not hit anything.

If you can see the tracers as they fire at your target & if you can tell if they are going under the aircraft or going over the aircraft that is all you need to know. Pull more lead if they are going under decrease the lead if the are going over.

If you using the sights in game you have limited your ability's to hit much of anything with the German flackpanzers. There is several ways to improve your shooting the in game sights is not one of them.

Found a German document on the ground sight.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »
I miss the days when you could set your mouse pointer on the center point then page up and not be stuck behind the gun sight. :headscratch: Made leading the target easier. :noid
You can still page up and not be behind site :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2013, 07:35:10 PM »
In the warble. Leading with the sight at 800-1000. Cut the con's fuselage in half or its nose just on the outside of the vertical bar of the rectangular sight frame.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing