Author Topic: Some Plans We expect to implement in Combat Theater  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
Some Plans We expect to implement in Combat Theater
« on: January 07, 2002, 06:48:00 PM »
S!

Changes we are looking at implementing in the near future:

Smaller Maps

With the number of players in the CT, smaller is better.  A smaller map concentrates the action and reduces the non-combat time.

New Maps

We are looking at getting quite a few new maps out in the next while.

These will include:

Stalingrad  (Being updated and hopefully ready for Sunday with all new features including river barge convoys, Gun Bunkers protecting Vehicle bases and fields etc.)

Malta and Sicily  (High Detail map of Malta and Sicily which will include 3 fields on Malta, all the goodies as far as Strat goes, Cruiser fleets and convoys for both sides, CV`s for the British, Trains, land convoys etc. to go with an Italian/German/British planeset)

Western Germany   (`44-`45 map of Western Germany and the western borders of France, Holland and Belgium.  Excellent for Battle of the Bulge, End of Reich setups.  It also has spawn points out over the N Sea which can be used to create a USAAF 8th Air Force versus Luftwaffe Strat bombing campaign.  Includes such things as very detailed factories, V2 sites, river barges, trains, convoys etc.)

Solomons Islands  (In the early stages but will no doubt include all the goodies)

Philippines  (Updated Philippines map with Naval convoys, multiple fleets, trains, convoys etc.  This one should be up on the CT quite soon as part of McCarthur`s 1944 invasion of the Phillipines setup.)

Finnish Gulf   (This one is focused on the city of Leningrad and Finland and would be part of a 1943 setup.  Includes the Soviet Baltic fleet, Finnish and German Fleets, convoys, trains, etc.)

Scoring

We would like to implement a slightly different scoring system for the CT, including Country scoring, different individual scoring, Squad scoring etc.  This will be dependant on when the HTC staff can find the time to squeeze it in.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2002, 07:04:00 PM »
Excellent   :D

<S> Buzzbait
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2002, 08:16:00 PM »
Very Cool.

I kinda like big maps though.

Offline J_A_B

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2002, 10:58:00 PM »
The smaller maps is a good idea.  Larger maps, while nice, aren't very well-suited for an arena that doesn't often have more than 40-50 people.  This is a very positive step.

Later, once CT attendance outgrows smaller maps, larger maps can and will be incorporated.

J_A_B

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2002, 11:06:00 PM »
Hey Buzz,
For godsakes PLEZ put the F6F Hellcat in the aircraft sets for the Pacific scenarios in the CT. We want to start spending one of our two squad nights in the CT when it is PTO but we don't want to have to fly Corsairs.
Tks.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2002, 12:40:00 AM »
Sounds promising.

Offline LJK_KämpferAs

• Copper Member
      • http://www.demonz.co.nz
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2002, 01:01:00 AM »
nice...

Offline Shroom

• Zinc Member
      • http://flightsimmers.net/va/mrbeer/
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2002, 02:14:00 AM »
Coolness  :D

To all you wonderful Mapmakers keep up the great work and keep them coming.  :cool:  Oh yeah <grovel> how about a Battle of the Coral Sea, or the Battle of Britain Maps?  :cool:

<S> Shroom

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2002, 02:21:00 AM »
S!

The next slated setup is the Phillipines, which will have the USN forces flying F6Fs...

Shoud be in the arena in around 2 weeks.

There will also be an updated Europe terrain coming out.  (based on the existing map which used to be in the CT and which shows Britain, France, Belgium, Netherlands and Germany)

Will include all the new Strat objects and targets and should be out just in time to coincide with certain unnamed early era aircraft expected in 1.09...    ;)

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Buzzbait ]

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2002, 02:24:00 AM »
Thks for the hard work. I am having great times in CT, despite low numbers.

All changes seem sensible things, however, I have my doubts on the smaller maps. I like the style of gameplay in CT and I think it's a consequence, among other things, of this big map setting. I think that people in CT seems to be more careful with the planes, and not a lot of suicidal-single-drop types can bee seen at any given time. People tend to set up the attack properly and try to use each plane's advantages. You have to spend a lot of time looking for dots, and taking care of your SA....

Dunno, but I really like CT's setup (in terms of map size) like it is now.

CT is a blast (most of the times, my plane is a blast too)   ;)

Cheers,

Pepe

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2002, 03:14:00 AM »
S! Sancho

But what you are looking at is a big map of which we are only using a small section...   ;)

The fields are close together and the overall area being fought over is quite compact.

Offline Durr

• Copper Member
      • http://us.geocities.com/ghostrider305
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2002, 04:08:00 AM »
The CT rocks and I look forward to all new developments!

Offline janjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2002, 07:07:00 AM »
Smaller maps are truely welcomed.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »
Wow, thanks guys for all the work you put down in the CT. It is very appreciated by us who fly in there.

Offline K West

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2002, 07:49:00 AM »
I'm looking forward to these ideas!!

I was a bit dissapointed that Stalingrad did not work but I realise you guys are busting your arses trying to set the CT up for all of our enjoyment with your own time. Thanks and it's very much appreciated!!

Westy

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: O'Westy ]