Author Topic: Is this a good idea?  (Read 556 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Is this a good idea?
« on: January 08, 2002, 07:26:00 AM »
Perks in CT: (I dont dare post this in the general discussion thread, hehe)

Pilot x shoots down pilot y.
x flies a Spit mk IX with a 16 in ENY value
y flies a Yak9U with 25 in ENY value

For this Pilot X is awarded 16/25 = 0.64 perk points.

Now, my idea.
Assume pilot x is a half good pilot, ranked 175, and pilot y is a good pilot ranked at 27.

x shoots down y again. This time the perk points is calculated this way:
16/25 + ((175/27) x 0.5) = 3.88 perks
or perhaps
16/25 + 175/27 x 0.5 = 3.56 perks, depending on what influence you want to give rank in perk scoring.

The x 0.5 is something I added for balance, and I suppose the formula needs more thought to avoid the absurd results (such as when a pilot ranked nr 1000 shoots down the pilot ranked nr 1). But is it a good or bad idea?

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Is this a good idea?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2002, 09:53:00 AM »
Needs tweaking as you mentioned but overall its not a bad idea. I think they are looking at the way perks are handled in the CT but I am not 100% sure that I read it correctly just a minute ago.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Is this a good idea?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2002, 10:13:00 AM »
the problem with the overall rank is that if you are a average/poor fighter pilot but enjoy using bombers and vehicles and captures etc you could still have an overall rating thats better that an expert fighter pilot who never flies bombers/goons and doesnt use vehicles.

I gues you could use just fighter rank but this system also doesnt account for those that play many hours vs those that play a few times in a month.Their skill doesnt necessarily match their rank.

I think it would be better to agree on which era planes we see as advantaged and make them more expensive myself.