Author Topic: M N F  (Read 609 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
M N F
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:04:58 PM »
Anyone watching the disaster in DC? My God the Redskins look like a bad Division II college team. In fact I'm pretty sure a bad Division II team would be up by 14 at the half over the Skins. Instead the Eagles are up by 21. I hate both teams, but it's good to see one of them suffer so horribly.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: M N F
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »
I lived in Redskin country for a while, and lot's of my friends are Skins Fans. I also drafted RG3 as my QB...  :rolleyes:

So I'm kind of rooting for them.  :P
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »
Anyone watching the disaster in DC? My God the Redskins look like a bad Division II college team. In fact I'm pretty sure a bad Division II team would be up by 14 at the half over the Skins. Instead the Eagles are up by 21. I hate both teams, but it's good to see one of them suffer so horribly.

You should get a convicted felon for a quarterback, like we did.

- oldman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2013, 10:27:31 PM »

You should get a convicted felon for a quarterback, like we did.

- oldman

Diggit! I'm pleasantly surprised! Thought for sure this year was gonna suck but if it's gonna be like this at least it's gonna be fun to watch! Great to see a coach finally unleash Shady!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2013, 10:48:10 PM »
NFL football just sux anymore.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 10:56:09 PM »
Diggit! I'm pleasantly surprised! Thought for sure this year was gonna suck but if it's gonna be like this at least it's gonna be fun to watch! Great to see a coach finally unleash Shady!
You should probably tap the brakes a bit. This was a bad team they were playing tonight. Once a good defense gives Vick a few licks that offense will change. I bet Philly does no better than 8-8.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2013, 11:41:03 PM »
Skins fan here and you're correct for the first 3qtrs. But would you really expect the kind of play we got used to seeing last year out of a guy that saw preseason from the sideline? From the end of the third qtr on, it looked like he found a nice pace and also his confidence back. I'd imagine anyone in his position no matter what any Dr. might be telling him, would have some doubts haunting his thoughts. It was nice to see Griffin run around a few times on that repaired knee, plant on it and at the end had expressions of confidence again.

No doubt though, the Redskins have a lot of shoring up to do, and the Eagles offense was setting a pace that the D seemed to be bewildered by.

It will be interesting to revisit where the Redskins stand 2-3 weeks from now, and where/whether D's have adjusted to the Eagle's Oregon styled pace.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 11:43:42 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 02:03:38 AM »
I understand the Skins offense being slow. But the D was horrrible. I don't agree with the "backwards pass" ruling either. They got a gift on that one.

Meanwhile the Chargers managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. That was an impressive comeback and last second win by Houston. :banana:
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2013, 07:40:40 AM »
It will be interesting to revisit where the Redskins stand 2-3 weeks from now, and where/whether D's have adjusted to the Eagle's Oregon styled pace.
Let's see. @ Green Bay - Lose, @ Home against Lions- toss up (advantage Detroit unless Suh gets suspended), @ Oakland - Win, @ Dallas - Toss up (advantage Dallas). If they come out 2-2 they should be grateful. I can't rule out the NFC East rivalry and Dallas' ability to stink up the Jerrydome against NFC East teams.

After Oakland they don't have another easy game until December when they play KC. Then it's Atlanta, Dallas and NY. This will not be a good year for the Skins even if RGIII doesn't go down again. (Remember Detroit and Suh are coming up in 2 weeks.)
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 11:49:10 AM »
Although it didn't show last night as you pointed out, the Skins D has more talent this season. The O'line has more talent. They have 3 stars returning from significant injury, and all were firing on all cylinders by the 4th qtr last night.

The only game I actually have doubts that the Skins can win is their next one, vs Packers. We shall see who is more correct, but I don't fear any of the Skin's schedule after this coming weak. The above not to be construed as saying other teams suck or the Skins are awesome, yada yada. These are professional players, and it's cliche but, any given Sunday. So where their schedule looks really tough I say they are up to the challenge and they have been for many years. Often where they have fallen down is against "weaker" opponents.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 12:47:17 PM »
Suh will take RG3 out if he has the chance. He's just that kind of guy. The only thing that will save RG3 is if Goodell suspends Suh before the game.
Seriously, Suh makes Mike Tyson look like Ghandi.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
You really cant tell crap from game 1 in the NFL. Bad teams win, good teams lose, game 1 is always a dice throw. Most of all in todays NFL when the pre-season games are such a joke and dont even amount to a good scrimmage. In a 16 game season that only needs 9 or 10 wins to go to the dance I wouldnt worry to much about game 1.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"