Author Topic: Learning base and town layouts  (Read 537 times)

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
Learning base and town layouts
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
Is there somewhere to go to learn about the layouts of bases and towns. I'm trying to figure out where things are at, VH, ords, etc., are they always in the same locations? Or do I need to figure this out by flying over and asking others where things are? ( Makes me feel like more of a noob).
DW

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Learning base and town layouts
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »
 right click the map,select clipboard maps. A window will open then select the type of base,Large,GV etc.

:salute

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:32:32 PM »
Thanks for the info.
DW

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 04:08:22 PM »
Is there somewhere to go to learn about the layouts of bases and towns. I'm trying to figure out where things are at, VH, ords, etc., are they always in the same locations? Or do I need to figure this out by flying over and asking others where things are? ( Makes me feel like more of a noob).
DW

Morph gave you the clipboard maps and that should be all the info you need, but to answer the rest of your question, yes they are all the same/standard objects, sometimes (although more often not) oriented/rotated 90/180/270 degrees different.  So the large aifields look like all the rest of the large airfields, the small airfields look like all the rest of the small filds, the GV bases are all the same, etc..  Also, ordnance bunkers at field type 'A' look the same as ordnance bunkers at field type 'B', 'C', 'D', etc..
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:10:04 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:13:30 PM »
And to take it one step farther, go here...

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,346706.0.html

and download "Pand"s maps. you can drop the clipboard maps into the folder to view them in the game. All of the targets are numbered as well as the acks and so on. On top of that Pand also included a set that you can print out to9x11 and keep handy on your desk.

Offline dewliner

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 08:47:25 PM »
Fugitive, Babalonian, .Morfiend, thanks for all the input. I appreciate the help

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 02:38:49 AM »
Dew, the Pand maps are available also as .pdf to be used with a tablet or even cell phone. Link to download is on the second page of the thread Fugi mentioned: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,346706.msg4579486.html#msg4579486
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2013, 10:32:12 PM »
  One of the things that helped me, I printed the maps.  Then I went into offline practice, and flew over the different bases with the maps in hand, and learned to make the connection between what I saw on the map, and what I saw from the air.  Then I took a jeep, and drove around for a while.

All of this helped me get more familiar with the layouts.  Of course, I still get lost if I try to taxi around on a base.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com