Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
What's going on?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2001, 02:04:00 AM »
Yep thats how adult people talk Maniac.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What's going on?
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2001, 05:27:00 AM »
Yah, Maniac, you are one of the people I am talking about. I see you caught the wave pretty good.

Fester was not the only one who said the 25% Fuel thing, and in any case, Fester has not whined and yelled for 2 years that MA SUCKS and that is for DWEEBS and...etcetera, like others who have done it. I'm not talking about him, but about other 2 who when they read this will know who they are. No need for names here.

I asked privately to several guys online,and got the answers up mentioned. I am NOT talking about any answer I got in #1 channel, so talk about what you know.

Oh, and by the time I came into the MA, there were ZERO people in the CT. Not 10.

And about the rest...well, just by seeing your reaction one understands that I must have hit a nerve.

Fly wherever you want, I dont care. But after 2 years of crying, yelling, whining, etc, asking for an HA. After erasing your account because the MA "Sucked and was boring" and after reopening it because "now we have an HA", you fly in the MA and not in the HA.

So <Finger> back, you hypocrit.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
What's going on?
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2001, 05:32:00 AM »
Good to know that we wont EVER see you in the main again.

I could continue to prove that your statement above is utterly false but i wont get into an flame fest here.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: Maniac ]
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What's going on?
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2001, 05:40:00 AM »
I've flown 3 times in the MA so far.

2 of the times was when just were 30-50ppl in the MA (Pacific times),and 0 in the CT. I dont say a thing about the CT being empty at those times. Is normal with the low numbers they have, and anyway I never heard a Japanese player yell for an HA.

Just one time I flew in the MA during Euro or american time. And that was while pyro was setting up the 1st change of map from Norway to Europe (CT Closed). Couple of hours, and immediatly after, the CT.

And I plan to log in the MA in pacific hours if there is noone in the CT (if there is ONE, I log in, ask 457Squod   :p). Just FYI   :p

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
What's going on?
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2001, 07:57:00 AM »
I think the issue right now is plane choice.  I know I'll be much more interested in flying there when there is something other than a Spitball avaialble to the Allies.  There are lots and lots of folks out there who prefer American iron, and not having any American choices right now limits the numbers further IMHO.

On the up side, as the plane set progresses and there are more choices available, I think we'll see more folks in the CT on a regular basis.  :)

I need my .50's.  :D

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
What's going on?
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
I notice the numbers go up in CA when night comes in MA  :)

If there are a half a dozen or more ppl in CA when I log on and I have an at least 45 min to an hour to fly, I go CA. I enjoy a single kill in CA more than 6 kills in MA. As I'm not a strat or gv player, the A2A in CA is right up my alley. It's nice not to have to worry about a LA7 or niki jumpin ur 6 when you are engaged in a 1 on 1 with a spit 5 or 9.
<S> to xup last night who allowed my 1 on 1 with rosco to finish before engaging me. Just seems more intense in CA to me with less inappropriate ch1 chatter.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
What's going on?
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2001, 09:52:00 AM »
ROFL!  Gotta love this thread.

Ram, one question.  When are you going to be paying the AH bill for all of these people that you are saying should set aside their own enjoyment to play where and how you want them to play?

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
What's going on?
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2001, 09:54:00 AM »
Eagler, I wonder if rosco felt the same way about xup just watching!!   ;)

If I'm in trouble 1v1, help me!!!  I don't wanna die!!!   :D
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
What's going on?
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2001, 09:56:00 AM »
I don't log onto AH much anymore, but in the last week I think my time has been about 1 hour MA vs. about 5+ hours CA.

What would be really unfortunate is if it turns out that there is/was a vocal minority howling for the CA (this is what I think is the case -- most people prefer the MA to the CA), and the numbers won't be there to justify the room.  

What's more important than just the number of flyers in the CA will be if you see the CA supporters flying the majority of their time in the MA.  Or if people try the CA and don't stay.  Or maybe people are waiting for more planes to show up.

Hopefully through time, the CA will have steadily increasing numbers, with hardcore flyers and people coming in for a change.  Hopefully HTC will be able to justify leaving it there and better yet, do work on strat and stuff that has been discussed elsewhere.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What's going on?
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2001, 11:02:00 AM »
Originally posted by Lance:
ROFL!  Gotta love this thread.

Ram, one question.  When are you going to be paying the AH bill for all of these people that you are saying should set aside their own enjoyment to play where and how you want them to play?

I dont know if this is a bait post or what. Or maybe is that you dont know to read. Or maybe (possibly) is that I dont know to express myself in english.

Lance I dont give a rat's bellybutton about where people play, how do they do it, or why do they do it.

However, there is a good deal of AH customers who for 2 years have yelled and begged and asked and whined and...for an HA to be included in AH.

Yesterday there were several of them (I'm talking about at least 7 guys) in the Main arena while the HA (CT) was empty.

I DO care about those, because they said they would fly in the HA "no matter the numbers, nor anything", because the MA sucked and was irrealistic,etc etc etc.

Yet they fly in the MA and not in the HA. I dont care where do they fly anymore, but for me was a big dissapoint to be yesterday those guys in the "Dweebish, sucking, irrealistic" MA while the "is a bunch of fun, Is great, it rocks" HA was empty.

Turns out that most of the people flying lots of time in the HA are people who never strongly called for one; while some of the ones who were giving shouts calling for the need of an HA fly way more in the MA than in the CT.

They are free to play where they want, and I wont demand anyone to play my way. But I am also free to call them hypocrits, wich is exactly what they are.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What's going on?
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2001, 11:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup:
I don't have time to play computer games every day.  2-3 times a week is the best I can do.  Every time I have tried the CT during "prime time" (evenings US time) there have been 20-40 players.  *Shrugs*

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Ditto on all points, yesterday there were 22 online when I came on..

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What's going on?
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2001, 11:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by R4M:

So, people here is REALLY hypocrital, or they are plainly idiots.
[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Why not just say "Where are all the folks that screamed for HA?" rather than call folks hipocrits and idiots?  You just have to know you'll get flamed.

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
What's going on?
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2001, 12:08:00 PM »
:::chuckles:::  The only thing more useless than a post demanding folks play how, where and when YOU want is a post that only seeks to make people feel guilty about playing how, when or where THEY want.

They pay their money, they play their game.  You pay your money, you play yours.  Don't like how, when or where someone is playing based on something they have posted?  Tough titty.  Deal with it.  Of course, dealing with anything outside of your control has always been a problem, hasn't it Ram?

Gordo!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
What's going on?
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Tweee!  <Blows whistle, throws flag>

Illegal Baiting of Reformed Posters, 15 yards, against Gordo. Replay the thread.

;)

....and he'd been doing so well (until now) this time around, Gordo. Don't tempt him further. It's not nice to show up with beer at an AA meeting.  :D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
What's going on?
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2001, 12:34:00 PM »
ROFL!  Not at all, Toad.  Look at the first post in the thread.

So, people here is REALLY hypocrital, or they are plainly idiots.

I really think that many of such people who asked for a HA were just what they were called: A BUNCH OF USELESS WHINERS!.

people lie when they say is a blast, or people is completely idiot...

Who baited him into posting all of that?  No one.  He wants to post like that without anyone antagonizing him, he's fair game ;)

Gordo