Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 3037 times)

Offline whels

• Silver Member
What's going on?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by R4M:
other says that there is no strategy because no goons, other says that few ppl...

25% fuel spitfires are going point defence. Get over it.

Goons are not in CT and I hope they never are. In WWII, apart of Crete there was no massive airborne operation with any significance. And for sure a single C47 with 10 paratroopers didnt make a front advance 25miles
[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

mm no mass airborn op other then crete? mmm
how about Normandy? + other paratroop ops after that. there was alot more then u think Ram.

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What's going on?
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2001, 01:40:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lance:
:::chuckles:::  The only thing more useless than a post demanding folks play how, where and when YOU want is a post that only seeks to make people feel guilty about playing how, when or where THEY want.

Not after 2 years yelling at the 4 winds, in the open, to everyone, broadcasting it...that they would ONLY fly in the HA. That is my point. They whined and begged for a HA to come, saying repeatedly that they wont fly anything else. And now, they fly the MA    :rolleyes:

If it depended on me I would like to see them staying in the MA forever. I dont care about where they fly, Gordo. I CARE that they LIED when they asked for an HA.

But lets leave it at that.

Originally posted by whels:

mm no mass airborn op other then crete? mmm
how about Normandy? + other paratroop ops after that. there was alot more then u think Ram.

Normandy, Arnhem and the cross of the Rhine. Of all, only the Rhine had some real success.

Normandy saw 3 airborne divisions deployed. 2 of them (the 82nd and 101st american) far from their targets,and scattered. THey did a nice job on getting the Germans disconcerted, tho, and created lots of confussion at the cost of terrific losses. But that hardly can be considered as a successfull mission.

And those troops were intended to carry on just a support mission for the landings. It was NOT an operation on their own. Had those troops been deployed on their own, they would've been eaten alive.

Arnhem was a disaster. No need to say more.

The cross of the Rhine saw THOUSANDS of paratroops deployed in a very short time. Also was an operation intended to SUPPORT the land troops, not to conquer anything on their own.

Anyway thousands of paratroopers... Nothing like a lonely C-47 with 10 paratroops, true?. Set the needed troops for field conquest for 150 troops, and I will agree on the capture field issue   ;).

That mission had lots of losses, and a relatively low influence in the whole campaign. Nothing (by far) like what Crete was.

And while Crete itself was the only major paratroop operation of the war intended to capture anything by the exclusive means of airdrop, it had a loss rate of the 56%. IT understabily was a serious shock for the germans themselfs. Go figure.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline Sancho

• Silver Member
      • http://www.56thfightergroup.com
What's going on?
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2001, 01:52:00 PM »
As to the original topic, I was just in the CT for 2 hours from noon to 2pm US Central Time.  When I first signed on, nobody was there.  Within 2 minutes, Busc showed up.  After 10 minutes or so, there were 8 people on, even sides.  The numbers grew steadily and peaked around 14.  There were 12 there after I left.

I say all that to say this:  if nobody is in the CT, go to the MA and grab at least ONE person to fly with.  The majority of sheep--I mean people just don't want to log into an arena with zero online, but once there's at least 2 there, numbers will grow--it really doesn't take long.

If you want to fly in the CT and nobody's there, you must be willing to provide the spark, especially if you don't fly in US primetime hours.  <S>

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
What's going on?
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2001, 01:55:00 PM »
Ah... so we're sheep if we don't like flying around with no one else?

Gotcha.... no wait, I don't like sitting there all dressed up with my joystick in my hand but I ain't using it!

It's like uhm... going over to a girl's house when she isn't there... you get the idea.
-SW

Offline Mathman

• Silver Member
What's going on?
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2001, 03:55:00 AM »
For me, there are two reasons why I have not spent much time in the CA.  First, for some reason my connection has been really unstable there lately.  Second, I am not interested in the plane set.  I, like several other people (maybe some of the ones that you are accusing of being hypocrits and other nice things), prefer the Pacific Theater much more than the ETO.  I could care less about Spits vs. 109s when I am much more interested in Zekes vs Hellcats and Corsairs.

Oh well, to each their own.  Ram, relax, this is just a game and nothing to get pissed about, accusatory, or start name-calling.  While you may not think that the replies to your initial post are warranted, and they may not be, I am sure that many people don't think your initial inflammatory post was warranted.  The replies match the initial comment.  Think about it.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
What's going on?
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2001, 04:13:00 AM »
Told to myself that i wouldnt contribute further to this PATHETIC thread but i have to.

"Not after 2 years yelling at the 4 winds, in the open, to everyone, broadcasting it...that they would ONLY fly in the HA."

Anyone here know who he is talking about?

Secondly, if you are having fun in both arenas why limit yourself to djust fly one of them? What is the logic here please explain.

I CERTAINLY will be flying BOTH arenas as long as i find them fun.

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Lance

• Silver Member
What's going on?
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
Much better, Ram, you may proceed.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What's going on?
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2001, 01:46:00 PM »
I wonder how many customers it takes to maintain 150-50 players in the MA.  I'm pretty sure its well over 1500.  Now think about how many people you've seen screaming for an HA.  I'm pretty sure its well below 1500.

Now, RAM, you see the impact of the vocal minority first hand.  Of course, standard "grass is always greener" rules also aply.

AKDejaVu

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
What's going on?
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2001, 10:30:00 AM »
Will you PLEASE all stop picking on my Squaddie ! 'is just the way he communicates is errrrm... a bit out of standards when he's mad  :)

I usualy go see in the MA if there are any squaddies around, then, if there's more than 2 in the CT, I try gather the flock & lead them in (Kirin reeeeaaaly likes to kill Spits, always eager!)

Anyway, RAM, get yourself a cool beer and... relax mate  :)

<hands RAM a fat j*int>
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
What's going on?
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
Who is Lance?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
What's going on?
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
Lance = Gordo

Offline MadBirdCZ

• Nickel Member
      • http://home.worldonline.cz/~cz088436/
What's going on?
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
CT is much better than MA (IMHO) but got not much time to be there.... (actually git not much time for anything these days    :( ) but when september comes I will be there! I promise! After CT came and I spent few hours there I told myself to forget about MA... Well September is closing so hold on, I will be there...    :D And of course I will have my 25% fuel Spit with me   :)

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: MadBirdCZ ]

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
What's going on?
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
Who is Gordo?

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
What's going on?
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2001, 02:16:00 PM »
Gordo is a popsicle.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
What's going on?
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
Did you guys not see the SIZE of Gordo at the con? He'd squish ya like a bug!  Fer Gawd's sake, don't pull the tigers tail!  ;) (No Creamo, not talking about the size YOU recieved!)