Author Topic: Where PT Boats Dare Mission Report  (Read 2275 times)

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
Re: Where PT Boats Dare Mission Report
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 01:40:50 PM »
I saw a snail.... crawling along the edge... of a straight razor...

:noid
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 01:43:09 PM »
excellent story ! 

I remember on trinity one of the PT spawns went close to an enemy town and we managed to take the place down and grab it with a goon! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »
 :salute awesome guys. My grandfather served on a Pt in the Philippines so I get a spot in my heart for those speed boats of death

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
Croduh: Thinking outside of the box to find fun  :aok

:salute awesome guys. My grandfather served on a Pt in the Philippines so I get a spot in my heart for those speed boats of death

Bangs: There is a old Pt boat converted to an offshore fishing vessel that runs trips year round in S. Cal. In the "prime" offshore season for tuna and other pelagics they are out of San Diego and the rest of the year Channel Islands (Oxnard.) Someday I'd like to get a chat in with the Capt/owner about its history. On the wall in the galley is the original blueprint for the boat and has a date stamp of '42 (iirc.) In case you ever get a chance: www.Ranger85.com

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 06:15:59 PM »
Croduh: Thinking outside of the box to find fun  :aok

Bangs: There is a old Pt boat converted to an offshore fishing vessel that runs trips year round in S. Cal. In the "prime" offshore season for tuna and other pelagics they are out of San Diego and the rest of the year Channel Islands (Oxnard.) Someday I'd like to get a chat in with the Capt/owner about its history. On the wall in the galley is the original blueprint for the boat and has a date stamp of '42 (iirc.) In case you ever get a chance: www.Ranger85.com

:salute
Ill have to go see her
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:36 AM »
Thanks for the info. There is also another one in the Florida keys that's part of a museum.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »
Our extended family has been visiting ocean city, NJ since the 1940s for about 2 weeks every year and a converted PT boat ride was what I looked forward to as a kid.

I also spent a lot of time pestering the old man who owned it and got put to work.

At the age of 11, the owner was telling me what he did to increase the total boat horsepower to 5400 from 4200 and I later used that knowledge to talk my way into the crew of a couple of unlimited hydroplane teams when they came to miami marine stadium.

It's probably what sent me down the hotrodding engines path resulting in engine management system design work I do at this time.

I missed the pilgrimage this year for only the third time in my life.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:44:42 AM by icepac »