Author Topic: Photography  (Read 3119 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Photography
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2013, 05:47:17 AM »

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:50:43 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 05:58:39 AM »

In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 06:14:04 AM »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2013, 06:19:06 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
did you insert a filter or is that a natural tone?
either way its fraking cool :aok
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2013, 07:24:55 AM »
I don't remember using a filter on that one, but it's been a while. I was in a hurry and mad because I missed the perfect shot by 2 min and didn't have my camera with me. The light was fading fast.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 10:45:45 AM »
cool storm over lake St.Clair, june 2013;
Nice pic with a strong tension! You don't mind if I use it as Desktop for a while, do you?

I noticed there are some anomalies in the upper right corner and one in the lower right, probably dust on the lens or something like that. You might like to edit them, on a big screen like mine (2560x1600, 30") they steal the focus. At least one of them can be seen in the small picture you've posted so it's not something due to stretching the image.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »
Nice pic with a strong tension! You don't mind if I use it as Desktop for a while, do you?

I noticed there are some anomalies in the upper right corner and one in the lower right, probably dust on the lens or something like that. You might like to edit them, on a big screen like mine (2560x1600, 30") they steal the focus. At least one of them can be seen in the small picture you've posted so it's not something due to stretching the image.

Those are called sensor boogers (formerly film boogers).  Unless you've cleaned you're sensor very recently most every SLR sensor has them, but they usually only show up in sky or water @ infinite focus or OOF.  A quick click or three of the spot heal tool in LR/PS takes care of them.

I suppose if anyone's interested I'll throw out my website, which is 4 years out of date in dire need of a serious overhaul/update.   www.kirksagers.com  I've got thousands of images in my LR catalog I should upload but I don't.   I used to do some part time professional work from the late 90's through mid 00's but not so much in the past 3-4 years.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:08:12 PM by saggs »

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2013, 05:04:59 PM »
Thatb last one i did some graphic tweaking of 3 years ago. I tried to enhance manualy. Wasnt actaully mine.

I do some work on pictures and try to enhance them and try slightly diferent lighting and filters
That one my main focus was to try and make the light brighter while also making it look natural.

As a photographer who's had people steal my images before. (Actually, they won a local newspaper pet photo contest with my image I took of their dog)  Can I just say that is a real d-bag thing to do.  If it wasn't yours why did you say.

Quote from: Zacherof
Few of my mine

It may seem like an innocent little lie to you, but stealing and/or taking credit for others professional work DOES impact them financially.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 05:07:27 PM by saggs »

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2013, 06:14:44 PM »

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2013, 06:32:18 PM »
I'm no professional but I enjoy taking pictures, to the tune of 25,000 over the last 3 years! Here's a few.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2013, 06:45:10 PM »
-AoM-

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »
I'm no professional but I enjoy taking pictures, to the tune of 25,000 over the last 3 years! Here's a few.

I've seen lots of "professionals" who aren't half as good as you.  :aok

Since the advent of what I call affordable digital, every Joe and Sally Muckenfuch with a Canon Rebel kit and a Facebook page thinks they're a "professional" photographer.  Most of them suck....  It's a big part of why I stopped doing paid work myself, I just got tired of trying to compete with all these wannabes who bought a $600 kit from Best Buy yesterday and start a "pro photographer" facebook page the next.  It's hard to convince people (before the fact) to pay me $1,000+ to shoot a full wedding and reception, or $100-$200 for a nice family portrait session, when everyone has a sister/cousin/brother/aunt/roommate etc.. who claims they can do it for a pittance.  I would always say "So you've seen their portfolio and are confident they will do a good job?"  Which usually gets an awkward silence and a "well... they say they can."   Of course when the customer sees the results (after the fact) they invariably regret it.  I've even had a bride (who almost hired me, then dumped me) call me up in great distress after they saw their photos which were done by a family friend for just a few bucks, to see if I would "Fix them in photoshop."  :rolleyes:   At least that's the way it's gone in areas I worked...  Other parts of the country are probably better.

Anyway, long rant.  But my point is that just because someone identifies themselves as a "professional" doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing.  I know a lot of "hobbyists" who are better photographers then a lot of "professionals".

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2013, 10:40:12 PM »
you could have fooled me :aok

very cool pictures all

I've seen lots of "professionals" who aren't half as good as you.  :aok

Since the advent of what I call affordable digital, every Joe and Sally Muckenfuch with a Canon Rebel kit and a Facebook page thinks they're a "professional" photographer.  Most of them suck....  It's a big part of why I stopped doing paid work myself, I just got tired of trying to compete with all these wannabes who bought a $600 kit from Best Buy yesterday and start a "pro photographer" facebook page the next.  It's hard to convince people (before the fact) to pay me $1,000+ to shoot a full wedding and reception, or $100-$200 for a nice family portrait session, when everyone has a sister/cousin/brother/aunt/roommate etc.. who claims they can do it for a pittance.  I would always say "So you've seen their portfolio and are confident they will do a good job?"  Which usually gets an awkward silence and a "well... they say they can."   Of course when the customer sees the results (after the fact) they invariably regret it.  I've even had a bride (who almost hired me, then dumped me) call me up in great distress after they saw their photos which were done by a family friend for just a few bucks, to see if I would "Fix them in photoshop."  :rolleyes:   At least that's the way it's gone in areas I worked...  Other parts of the country are probably better.

Anyway, long rant.  But my point is that just because someone identifies themselves as a "professional" doesn't necessarily mean they know what they are doing.  I know a lot of "hobbyists" who are better photographers then a lot of "professionals".

Thanks guys! I appreciate it allot!

Saggs I totally agree with everything you just said. Just about everyone out there has a DSLR camera these days. It's also why I'll never get into photography as a money making business. It will always be just a fun hobby.