Author Topic: Why is the Dora only available from two fields?  (Read 547 times)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
Why is the Dora only available from two fields?
« on: January 11, 2002, 02:00:00 PM »
I can understand the reasoning behind the limiting of the jet perk rides but why do that to the Dora. I have tried getting it from other fields and have found it only available from the same bases as the Me-262 and Ar-234.

Just wondering.  :confused:
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2002, 08:43:53 AM »
I think I read something about this.

The 190D9, 262 and 234 are only avaliable from bases "in Germany", and not from bases inside "the pocket".

Probably to simulate the lack of supplies inside the pocket perhaps?

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2002, 09:33:02 PM »
S!

Supplies inside the pocket, and the fact that historically they were not based outside of Germany.  (except France and Belgium)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2002, 12:28:04 AM »
Oh Buzzbait; you beat me to it with that response. I was about to mention that the Fw-190D9 was known to have been based outside of Germany with units in both Belgium and France. However there is evidence that they MAY  have been based in Norway and possibly in western Poland as well.

That is something I am working on with a couple of people in what little free time I have. The reason is that I have access to a former member of the OKL General Staff through my boss at work. This man is also very willing to help out with any translation/map work we have from that time frame. More to follow if I get it finished in time for this scenario. But it would not be appropriate anyway since the Stalingrad pocket  was long gone by the time the Fw-190D9 was introduced.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2002, 02:10:29 AM »
S!

The Baltic map is rather crude in terms of representing the parts of Northern Germany in question.

However, the German bases extend out into East Prussia, which is actually further East than Western Poland.

So I feel I'm giving you a fair representation of where the Doras were based.

Also it is a play balance mechanism.  The Soviets are stronger the further East you go, the Germans the further West.

If I allowed the 190D as many bases as the LA7, then what would be the balancing factor for the prescence of the 262's and Arados?  Other than the B-26's slight advantage over the Ju88A, there would be none.