Author Topic: Its just Historical Furballs....  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Its just Historical Furballs....
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2001, 05:28:00 AM »
One thing I think would help in the CT would be to enable base captures with one major caveat. Only enable goons from certain fields across the channel from their respective targets. In other words, allies would have to launch goons only from England. This would be a long flight, no argument, but would require more teamwork and would give some sort of prize to each side using the currently available tools for arena setup.

MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2001, 06:03:00 AM »
Mark, another idea would be that it would atleast require lets say about 50 troops instead of 10 to capture an base (perhaps based on the size of the enemy base this number would change up and down.

Took this idea from Fester originally...

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2001, 07:03:00 AM »
I have to agree with MarkAT & maniac.

Make field capture possible, but make it TOUGH! Make teamwork a prerequisite to a successful capture.

Maybe the only thing enabled to carry troops should be the LVT2?

For one that brings the CV's & shore battery's into play. Giveing us more strat, and more legitimate targets for the bombers. The LVT is SLOW, relitively easy to kill.

For another players would be able to see when there is the threat of a capture. NO CV near = no capture likely possible.

Last, as fields got farther away from the channel & the CV capture would get much more difficult, timeing would be much tougher. Adding a balanceing feature & preventing someone from overrunning a country.

Just a thought

Offline Fury

• Copper Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nash:
...Now point A, a tangible result would mean hampering the enemy's ability to wage war. But to what end? What does it serve anyone to be able to hamper the ability of a country to wage war when nobody is able to take advantage of it? You can't move in and occupy anything as a result of it....

Very nice post Nash, what I quoted above really got me thinking.

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2001, 10:53:00 AM »
Heya BD,

if it makes you feel better, I can tell you that Hazed & I took off with two B26's with 250lbers went NOE to the south, took out ALL FUEL & AMMO at 14 17 19 & 20, went back home limping NOE again after having met a single 109.

It was good fun to do (was sunday, right ?)
<S!>
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.