Author Topic: Lost power, now aceshigh.exe is 0 kb in size?  (Read 312 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Lost power, now aceshigh.exe is 0 kb in size?
« on: September 11, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »
I was not in-game, just on my desktop in a web browser window and lost power. I kid you not, the cat tripped on the cable! He must have been hanging around Skuzzy too much.

Regardless, reboot, ran a quick HD scan because every time you cold-boot it does that....

No new folders on my C: drive with fragments of recovered files, so I think I'm good. That is, until I see my desktop icon for Aces High is not showing. It's a generic icon. I double clicked it and it says "this is not a valid win32 application."

So I go to the directory and it's zero kilobytes in size.

What the heck? I wasn't even running it!! I don't know how that even happened!

I don't want to reinstall everything, and I tried running the latest patch I had downloaded automatically but it couldn't patch the aceshigh.exe at the end because there's no file present to patch. The file was still 0 kilobytes after the patch process failed.

I'm looking for the 2.31r2 executable (not the current 2.31r3, to which I never upgraded). Does anybody have this? Just the aceshigh.exe, nothing else.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Lost power, now aceshigh.exe is 0 kb in size?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 06:46:44 AM »
Krusty, you can safely install the full game over the top of the existing one and you will not lose any of your settings.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com