Author Topic: Affermation...or I believe  (Read 598 times)

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Affermation...or I believe
« on: December 24, 2001, 02:22:00 AM »
No matter what anyone suggests or what is implemented for Combat Theater, the CT is a damn sight better than the MA right now.

I'm tired of everyone (AW mostly) whinning and squeaking about how the MA isn't right for this or for that. IMHO, buggers can't be choosers.

I sincerely suggest (and have) that the CT is the way to go since the MA has attracted the "challenged (insert your definition here) pilots".

Expect to see me in the CT quite often.

<S> Drunky
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2001, 07:10:00 AM »
I love the CT, too, and spend almost all my online time there.   I am trying to figure out why turnout remains pretty low though.

hblair is onto something with encouraging squad nights in the CT.  The only drawback to that plan is if a large Allied squad comes in and upsets numbers to a 2 (or more) to 1 gang bang.   But I have yet to see this happened - squad leaders have been pretty flexible about flying Axis to keep the sides balanced.

One thing people might not be so wild about is the fewer choices in available planes.   I noticed we are earning perk points - what about enabling the P-51D, P-38L, and P-47s as perk rides?  The Axis side could get the 109G-10, the 190D-9, Ar234, Me262 and Ta152.

It looks like you can independently set perk values by arena, and you guys could keep the value high enough so the planes remain rare.  It would give the CT flyers one more thing to work toward in the arena.  In a what-if type setup as you have here with "Baltic Beseiged", I don't think it would be too upsetting if the perk rides are set expensive enough to keep them rare.

I can't help thinking with the MA running between 300-400 people, the CT ought to be able to get 50-60 of those.

I think scoring support will help alot too.  Some flyers think scoring is for dweebs, but I like to check and see how I'm doing in and against certain aircraft.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2001, 08:53:00 AM »
I´ve been thinking about the same idea myself, about perk rides in CT that is!

I really do think this would help...

Djust keep the 262 out pls  :)
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2001, 10:49:00 AM »
It is my favorite arena as well. I liked the "rolling" plansets from the initial CT release and I think it would be a nice setup for this arena as well. Just make the really bad bellybutton rides worth several dozen perk points.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Bozon12

• Zinc Member
      • http://t2.technion.ac.il/~snordon/bozon
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2001, 03:34:00 PM »
Isn't making it an era setup was part of the CT idea?
wouldn't like to see 1945 planes in a 1943 arena. even if they are perked. do that and you'll hurt planes like the tiffie/mossie that his almot sole advantage is being fast for IT'S era.
and yes, having some more veriety for the axis side would be a blessing. hope it will improve on 1.09 and on.

Bozon

Offline Buzzbait

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2001, 04:07:00 PM »
S!

The next setup is the Russian Front, and will incorporate perk points and perk planes.

(The perk system will be different than in the MA with different perk values)