Author Topic: Clarifications about the Spitfire Mk IX and XVI  (Read 15533 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Clarifications about the Spitfire Mk IX and XVI
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2013, 03:39:34 PM »
LOL I don't pay attention for a couple weeks and this thread gets going again?

Thought I answered Joe Goebbels back a ways.  Apparently his reading and comprehension skills are lacking.  What a surprise :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »
Which is kind of an interesting thing given a number of German fighter pilots insisted that they had been shot down by a Spitfire and not by a Hurricane during the Battle of Britain.  Had to have been a Spitfire as no mere Hurricane could possibly have gotten them.
I often wonder how many of those LW pilots who stated that the "English" pilots were their most skilled adversary were unknowingly recalling encounters with "subhuman" polish pilots.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
So in your mind just because you don't fly a Spitfire, you think you're the more skilled player over the one that does fly a Spitfire.  :rofl

ack-ack
Remember a long time ago in our first year of aw when we learned how to be a killer in the 109 and we thought we had teh skillz and we looked down our nose at spitfires? Some never get past that stage.

I still remember when Wotan chimped out on me in the ma and challenged me to a "duel" lolz. I let him pick the plane and he picked Gustav just like I knew he would. And it ended just like I knew it would.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck