Author Topic: Your Handle's History  (Read 7622 times)

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
Re: Your Handle's History
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2013, 09:49:33 PM »
way back, around 2005 when I was watching the history channel I saw this advertisement, I downloaded the game and sat and pondered when it ask for a name. So, I used the name I had been given in the latter years of my army career "Hard7". Now, that name was bestowed on me due to my military sign of 7, and my soldiers perception of "hard". Thus they called me "Hard 7". After Infantry, Ranger, 82nd, and all those great Infantry units I served in I felt it appropriate to use it. However, in game perceptions of the name "Hard 7" , well it wasn't as well received after quickly gaining a umm, personal meaning it was never intended to be. So, when I joined my second squad "Aces and 8's, (a great squad that still survives to this day), I changed my name to A8Hunter. The squad welcomed the name with great relief :). I chose the name simply because I enjoyed being a hunter in the sky and we were compelled to use the A8 lead in. After leaving the Aces and Eights (probably a mistake). I went to the Few, wow what a humbling experience. I've never known anyone who could match the skill of the members of the Few, even to this day. (I know there are many who would disagree but it's just an opinion). At that time I felt like a pure Jekyll and Hyde type of guy, changing squads, countries, mates, well I just picked up on that name "Jekyll". As time progressed, well I moved on from the Few, along with some awesome gamers, to the Top Gun. (ok, like the 10th Mnt, or 25th, old Rangers go there to die), it was mainly the Few, on the American soil.
  I changed jobs, went on the road, and now get to play so very little. I now chose my final name of "Agony", after realizing the pure Agony of having to chose another name, once again. In a great squad now (JG52 Experten), with many great members of the AH community. Now if only I could get home to play the game again, well that would be great. Missing the game and great gamers who play it is well......

Agony.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:18:12 PM by The Jekyll »
Yea, simply because I can

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2013, 09:53:06 PM »
Oh, and I almost forgot I would walk the hells of the desert with great men like Wagger, and Dirtdart (and so many like them), who gave so much of themselves in defense of our great country. Salute my friends.

Agony :salute

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2013, 11:25:08 PM »
I liek RedBull
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2013, 02:45:57 AM »
 :salute jekyll,  good to see you back bro.   :cheers:

If JG52 doesn't work out for you come and have a chat with me.   
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2013, 09:10:05 PM »
Mines simple Scott my name and 66 year I was born hence scott66 lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2013, 04:31:23 PM »
From Sept. 1999 through around 2007 I went by "AlgyFT". I think I kept the FT since I had been in the FT's in Warbirds. Around 2007 I switched to "Biggles2", which is what I still go by. I would have chosen "Biggles", but somebody already took it.

Biggles2
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 04:39:21 PM by Biggles »

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: September 23, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »
I bet it was Biggles.  :D

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: September 25, 2013, 05:50:56 PM »
:salute jekyll,  good to see you back bro.   :cheers:

If JG52 doesn't work out for you come and have a chat with me.   

Awesome sir! :aok