Author Topic: Fort Irwin OC's and OPFOR  (Read 8334 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: Fort Irwin OC's and OPFOR
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »
My scouts and mortar guys ran a program that was pretty dangerous   we had a silver star among the other valor decorations.  I enjoyed their intensity.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »
Yeah, Mortars were intense  :aok
 We had some LT's that thought we were a Ranger Platoon,lol

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Tull

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:02 AM »
Gents,

A BIG SALUTE to all those that rotated to through the NTC.

My first Rotation was in March 1982 as Wavern A65 (A/4-37 AR, 194th AR BDE).  It started as a normal rotation which got extended to be a maneuver unit in Operation Gallant Eagle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNehVG_TyTc

I well remember being at 4 Corners and having to hold on to the Bustle Rack with both hands to keep the high winds from blowing us off the back deck during the Airborne Drop.

Continued with OC Augmentation missions as an instructor in the Armor School 87 to 90.

Last Rotation was June 2002 as Raider 06 (3/278 ACR) that was a great training event.

IF YOU AIN'T CAV YOU AIN"T

v/r

Jamie
TULL
367th Dynamite Gang
 :old:

Oddball: The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to LET THEM SHOOT HOLES IN ME!

Offline Gard06

• Zinc Member
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2013, 03:53:54 PM »
NTC   omg.   I loved bike lake...   I was a Air Traffic Controller there on many assignments.

Offline DurrD

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:55 PM »
Bike Lake eh?  Good old Desert Radio.  I work with them very closely every day during rotation as the chief of Sundance Control for GREEN FLAG-West, and as Combat Airspace Manager for GFW.
FBDurr -- A Freebird since 2013, been playing Aces High since 2001.