Author Topic: For those who say I won't duel  (Read 3770 times)

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: For those who say I won't duel
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2013, 01:15:24 PM »
I still owe you a round, Stickster.  Likely can't make 7pm...how about 8:30ish?  Anything earlier and I'll start getting those looks again from the significant other.  :uhoh

8:30 it is... Bring the boy if his homework and chores are done. He can mix it up with us or play follow the leader with us while we fight.  :neener:

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »
I just checked and confirmed I am not able to perform this task to specifications.  :frown:  I feel the described process is too complex. 

After performing some Six Sigma analysis I was able to streamline the procedure and eliminate unnecessary subfunctions. 

I can now achieve the desired..... *ahem* ..outcome...by performing only one of the three described subfunctions and am much happier.  :D
:huh  blasted six sigma...always getting in the way of maximum effort.  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »
I just checked and confirmed I am not able to perform this task to specifications.  :frown:  I feel the described process is too complex. 

After performing some Six Sigma analysis I was able to streamline the procedure and eliminate unnecessary subfunctions. 

I can now achieve the desired..... *ahem* ..outcome...by performing only one of the three described subfunctions and am much happier.  :D

It took me several reads to figure this one out, then I laughed for a good 3 minutes.....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2013, 03:04:40 PM »
Sometimes complexity...is the best comedy.  :D
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
7 pages later..I'm still riveted..I need professional help :O :D
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2013, 07:00:00 AM »
I want my lost time back from opening this thread. :rolleyes:

Waystin:

I'll duel you for your lost time.

Between 2:45AM and 2:57AM eastern

Between 33K and 34.2K

Stall limiter on until we have engaged 30 seconds then it must be off

P38s with two engines on climb out but only 1 engine after the merge

Sunglasses required

Only valid kill is removing the left wing of opponent

You must accept in the next 20 seconds or you forfeit

These right here....cost me a soda.

:rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »
why go there (DA) in the 1st place, it proves.............nothing

wait....you can put it on a resume....I won a dogfight in a cartoon game  :bhead
Believe it or not dueling can teach a person quite a bit about dogfighting. Merges, energy management, throttle control, gunnery, learning how to fight in a stalled situation ...so on and so forth. I for one find dueling a better learning tool than asking a trainer for help. There are so many good cartoon sticks out there and they all seem to have a different bag of tricks, so IMO someone can learn more quicker.
If you want to get better at dogfighting this is how to go about it. If that's not your goal that's fine too.
Lighten up Francis

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »
Believe it or not dueling can teach a person quite a bit about dogfighting. Merges, energy management, throttle control, gunnery, learning how to fight in a stalled situation ...so on and so forth. I for one find dueling a better learning tool than asking a trainer for help. There are so many good cartoon sticks out there and they all seem to have a different bag of tricks, so IMO someone can learn more quicker.
If you want to get better at dogfighting this is how to go about it. If that's not your goal that's fine too.

Fight everyone & anyone and you can..... Learn more than one trick  :devil

+1 for your post sir.  :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2013, 12:17:22 PM »

85% of fights in the MA, DA or TA are won on the merge.  But if you don't 1 v 1, you'll continue to get beat in the MA by people that understand this.  There is one more trick to winning...you need to be able to look back side, straight back and and back UP and fly at the same time.

Changeup's helpful hints to keep him from stomping your ass.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2013, 12:21:45 PM »

DA never taught me to fight, its a great tool to learn ACM however I know some awesome dogfighters who can't live 15 minutes in an FSO. The Main arena helps with this, jump into a furball with a less then decent aircraft, learn SA and survival tactics.
When you combine the MA, Scenarios and DA - you become a much better pilot then simply the DA.

Once you learn to balance the three out, you become a much better pilot IMO. Honestly if you can break even in the DA, you are doing just fine.
JG 52

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2013, 12:22:54 PM »
DA never taught me to fight, its a great tool to learn ACM however I know some awesome dogfighters who can't live 15 minutes in an FSO.

Please name name's.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Please name name's.

this isn't a shame thread, everyone should known their strengths and weaknesses themselves. I admit I should of flown in the DA more with TopGun, but it was screwing up my Scenario flying when I wanted to play down and dirty with one aircraft rather then a dozen.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:29:03 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2013, 01:04:07 PM »
The historic altitudes introduces fuel management into the equation which is just another facet of "realism".

How about you just duel me instead of commenting on why you wont?

Tell you what you want realism ill do http://aircombat.com winner pays the other mans bill. I have done this so be ready Mr realism and lets see what you  really got.

BTW look for Eace he will fight you like that because that's all he does.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »
Tell you what you want realism ill do http://aircombat.com winner pays the other mans bill. I have done this so be ready Mr realism and lets see what you  really got.

iko I'll take that challenge  :neener: maybe I'll do better in a real plane lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2013, 01:41:41 PM »
Tell you what you want realism ill do http://aircombat.com winner pays the other mans bill. I have done this so be ready Mr realism and lets see what you  really got.

I've always wanted to do this.  I'd take the challenge, but I know iKo would crush me like a beer can and then I'd have to deal with explaining the cost to the family CFO i.e. my wife.

There are somethings in life I fear worse than death.... :uhoh
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)