Author Topic: Do I need SST profiler software?  (Read 739 times)

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
Do I need SST profiler software?
« on: October 10, 2013, 11:14:31 AM »
After a few year hiatus (breaking both arms will do that)....I'm getting back into the game.....learning curve is steep.
I dug up my old x52 hotas....didn't bother going to look for the software, but.....

mini stick isn't recognized by AH (or the button with it)...neither is the pinky switch on the right side.

downloaded the drivers from what is now mad catz and it shows that all switches, buttons, etc. are working and lighting up the test screen.

So, do I need outside software? Or Am I missing something in the AH interface regarding mini stick/ pinky switch?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Do I need SST profiler software?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »
pretty sure to get the mouse working on the throttle you do need it running in background and profiled....

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 01:51:46 PM »
If you're trying to use the mini stick as more or less a hat, I believe you'd need to do that through the SST software.  I think without a profile loaded (I believe that would be the same as not having the SST software installed) the mini stick functions as a mouse.  Is that the behavior you're getting?

I actually use the mini stick as a mouse so never looked into using it for specific control bindings but if it's possible I'd expect you can only do it with the SST software.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »
Wiley:
I'm not getting ANYTHING off of the mini stick.....and I want to use it as a mouse.

That being said, the driver package that I downloaded , in test mode, shows the mini stick working.

I'm on the road right now, so when I get back, who knows? Maybe it'll work.  But AH isn't (wasn't)  recognizing the pinky switch either.

I guess I'll just have to beat my head against the wall for a bit....

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 07:27:22 PM »
 IIRC you need to enable majic mouse in the saitek control panel,I dont think you need the sst unless you plan to map it for something other than mouse.

I'm pretty sure it's just a check box,if I remember correct.

:salute

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 08:57:46 AM »
Well, I bit the bullet...and run the x52 through the sst. Slowly remembering how I used to have it set up.

In a related question, now that I'm using the sst, what do I do in the AH interface....show controller as the x52? Do I map everything in the interface as 'no input'?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 02:55:26 PM »
 I would map most things in AH and only use the sst to setup secondary functions,like mapping 2 functions to a single button.

Also IIRC you need to leave the X52 control panel open in windows in order for the game to see all the buttons in AH mapping.

If you have any other questions plz ask,I'll try my best to help out,but I haven't used my X52 for some time now so I may not have all the answers.... :devil

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »
Thanks everyone for your help.

I was thinking there was a conflict, I couldn't get my pinky to work, but I was having a hard time grasping the concept of "latched" keys and "fall back" in the SST.

It works! Now I just have to input a comfortable profile.  Which will remove my ability to claim my lousy play is due to joystick problems

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 12:09:20 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl

You can still use that excuse,not all players read the BBS! :devil

Oh and your secret is safe with me! :aok :O

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2013, 12:39:49 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help.

I was thinking there was a conflict, I couldn't get my pinky to work, but I was having a hard time grasping the concept of "latched" keys and "fall back" in the SST.

It works! Now I just have to input a comfortable profile.  Which will remove my ability to claim my lousy play is due to joystick problems

Hey Ridley,

Recently had a system and have not been able to locate the SST profile software for my X52.  Where did you get your copy?  Appreciate any help.

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2013, 01:37:33 PM »
Through the Mad Katz web site...
I think I googled saitek drivers...joysticks something like that......

Hold on.........here it is....www.saitek.com....who'd a thunk it? it's like people asking me for my phone number....(I don't know...it's on speed dial!)

it's got drivers and the sst programmming stuff there....I tried to use my old profile from an old computer but it wouldn't let me do it.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 02:01:32 PM »
Through the Mad Katz web site...
I think I googled saitek drivers...joysticks something like that......

Hold on.........here it is....www.saitek.com....who'd a thunk it? it's like people asking me for my phone number....(I don't know...it's on speed dial!)

it's got drivers and the sst programmming stuff there....I tried to use my old profile from an old computer but it wouldn't let me do it.

Thanks.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ridley1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl

You can still use that excuse,not all players read the BBS! :devil

Oh and your secret is safe with me! :aok :O

Ya know morf...I've been playing off and on since the old Air Warrior days of AOL back in what? 1990?  I still suck at this game...why I keep coming back is a mystery to me.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2013, 06:18:51 PM »
Ya know morf...I've been playing off and on since the old Air Warrior days of AOL back in what? 1990?  I still suck at this game...why I keep coming back is a mystery to me.

Ya you and me both,reflexes died along time ago,cant see past the end of my nose and on top of that they expect me to help the new guys...... Like I said your secret's safe with me..... :devil