Author Topic: Question about posting  (Read 209 times)

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Question about posting
« on: October 17, 2013, 01:02:45 AM »
Serious public question from the community that might provide clarity and help folks understand the limits. Please lock it Skuzzy afterwards so this does not turn into a discussion. I realize this post actually violates the forum rules in asking such a question but maybe it will help or at least provide clarification.

Is there a historical time frame on politics that violate the forum rules? For example could we discuss the various intricacies of the Carthaginian and Byzantine empires, Tudor dynasty, Borgias, Ferdinand and Isabella, Martin Van Buren, Hitler, Hirohito, Chairman Mao, Stalin etc... Or as recent as Lyndon B. Johnson or Gerald Ford?

Is it possible to discuss or address any of the world wars without addressing politics and violating the rules?

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
Re: Question about posting
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:24:36 AM »
PWI

Dang!

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:35:48 AM »
It's very easy to discuss History
without dragging Politics into it.

:cheers: Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 09:19:49 AM »
Though I don't see it specifically stated, many forums are putting the cutoff mark at the 20th century or later (since that seems the time frame that may spark the most extreme viewpoints into a non-stop slap-fest).

That's politics-wise. Religion can start a slap-fest from just about the time of it's inception.

Sorry, I know you didn't want a discussion about this .... but perhaps a PM would have assured that.

:salute :cheers:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:49:41 AM »
Politics are the root cause of wars.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez