Author Topic: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>  (Read 3138 times)

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
Re: Was going to add this to my whine topic but just <S>
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2013, 12:35:51 PM »
Good Lord.    :huh
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2013, 01:08:18 PM »
"...no one is serious!"

If that were accurate, I might have more tolerance for schoolyard stuff.  Ray Lewis?  Thats your example of desirable conduct?

Drama queens are not a net positive for the game.

Ray Lewis is a competitor.  Behavior is a personal value judgement.  He did it, as have thousands of others before him and mlions will after him, to get in people's heads.  Some do it, some don't but the ones that don't or the ones that have no appreciation for smack talking and it's affect on gameplay are the ones who whine about it or claim to be taking some moral high ground.  Generally the ones that detune 200 simply don't want the distraction from gameplay.  I respect those people more than the ones that can't comprehend its positive affect on gameplay. 

If you really believe people are serious, they already pwn you. 

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Golden Dragon

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2013, 01:19:54 PM »
Channel 200 is one of the great features to the game. I can't count how my times I lmfao at some of the stuff on there.

I'm starting to agree with you.  There's a particularly vocal PlAYeR who enjoys blowing hard on be Rook side.  I love shooting him down and then reading his excuses and trash talk.  In the end though, I enjoyed the game more before discovering the bad manners channel so I'm tuning it out more and more.
Fight's on!

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2013, 01:32:47 PM »
Nope.  Don't know why he's referencing me in his post.

ack-ack

I have to say: AKAK is bad for the game. He shot me in the back last night.  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 01:33:01 PM »
If the comments on channel 200 were made by AI would you still take them personally? You're taking things that happen in a video game personally. Let that sink in.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 02:04:33 PM »
You're taking things that happen in a video game personally. Let that sink in.

Yoda like in it's simplicity.
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »
200 smack of today is not like the 200 smack of say 5 years ago....that's my view....there are still some good smack talkers but they are becoming few and far between...much like ACM
and when you are on when the numbers are 35...well......yeah
PS  Beefie has been here a lot longer than quite a few guys in this thread. :O

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 02:12:11 PM »
Yoda like in it's simplicity.
Yeah... and it came from Floob...  :eek:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
  You have to realize that the tard's Pm's says volumes about them and you got them upset.  :ahand

I try to hit them with a snappy comeback. When you let them upset you they have won.

One of the responders to this thread complained about my lack of ACM as they came off their perch after I had fought off numerous other cons. My reply: "If I learned ACM you would know what I would do next."  :D

He was mad as he plummeted to earth I suppose.  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
I agree with beefie...too many richard craniums playing. If they want to have diarrhea of the mouth on 200, no problem, they're only seen by those who tune to it. PMs saying things like he quoted should be reported and the player should lose his account. those who say just leave it alone, frankly, are WRONG! The bad mouthers should be removed from the game. They're whiney little creeps whose mommy obviously weaned them too soon.

I think banning them right away is a little strong...   maybe text ban 1 time for 1 week.     Second time in 3 months gets a text ban for 1 month..  If they dont screw up in the next 12 months delete there demirrits an :saluted start over...   Kinda like the points on your license
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2013, 02:45:03 PM »
After about 6 weeks of logging on, playing one or two sorties and then signing off, I unsubbed. I have no interest in WOT 2.0. I find the dynamics of the GV game boring. The terrain isnt very good, its mostly a campfest. That and a long range Lob-fest. There is no real strategy, and it seems lately on most maps if you want ANY action you have to GV.

Others like it, more power to them. Unlike 200 you cant detune range vox and since everyone is on top of each other in these TTs your stuck listening to everyones non-game related monologues. Even worse their whines. You cant .ignore fast enough.

It was a great game once and I do wish them the best. They are a very good company. Very helpful and I think they do care about their product. I think the features in the flight part of the game are the best Ive ever seen. Hopefully they will make some moves that bring the crowds back.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2013, 02:54:07 PM »
Channel 200 is one of the great features to the game. I can't count how my times I lmfao at some of the stuff on there.
:aok Some of the best purse fight drama
that will make you spray your Monitor, if you happen to be drinking.

:cheers: Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »
Beefie must be Grayclifs special red-headed step child...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
Yeah... and it came from Floob...  :eek:

A broken clock is right twice a day.  :D

Just ribbin' ya, Floobster  ;)
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
The thing is, in my experience, many if not most of the people who leave this game say they're doing it because everybody is a bunch of jerks, but the truth is nobody really leaves this game for that reason. The problem with that is HTC sees this and so they think Oh we've got to do something about this it's costing us customers, and so they disable chute shooting, or take some other kind of policing measures. If the ghosts in pacman weren't AI but human controlled, how many pacman addicts that finally quit would be saying that they quit because the ghosts were jerks? My bet is most of them. Really you can point to any modern player vs player game and see the same thing. "The game has changed man, the community sucks. I'm outta here! You've teabagged 5n1p3r for the last time!". But the real reason is he just doesn't feel like playing it as much as he did when it was new.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck