Author Topic: youfloob  (Read 555 times)

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
youfloob
« on: October 13, 2013, 06:08:56 AM »
I wish frapps would record in higher def.

http://youtu.be/JqwGRmZjidE
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: youfloob
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 07:19:00 AM »
Fraps just records your screen. If you play the game in lower quality settings then fraps videos will be in lower quality. If you play in the higher quality settings (i.e. hi-res texture pack, 1024 textures or higher, etc) then fraps videos will be higher quality. In my videos the quality isn't that high because of a Fraps setting, I'm just playing the game on that high of a video quality setting.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 01:35:41 PM »
You're right frapps records full frames uncompressed, which is why the avi files are about 1gb per minute. It's when I convert them for upload they get blurry.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline TGG93

• Copper Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
You're right frapps records full frames uncompressed, which is why the avi files are about 1gb per minute. It's when I convert them for upload they get blurry.

Try Bandicam, a little less quality (depending on the codec you use) for much lower file sizes. The free version does have a horrible watermark and the full version is $39.
The Few.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 09:02:09 PM »
Might also look into action. That's what I use for both live streams and recording. I honestly can't remember what I paid for it though.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »
I use frapps and then I edit/convert the file with camtasia, seems to work good enough for me. Even with fraps uncompressed I still notice blurriness of icons and text. If I spend much more time on publishing flims I'll look into those programs.

<edit>
Btw that film in the link has been compressed down to 59mb from about 3gb.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 10:59:53 PM by FLOOB »

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 01:22:28 AM »
My raw FRAPS footage looks exactly as it does in game with no blurriness. Are you maybe recording with the Half-sized video setting on Fraps? I record all my footage at Full-Screen and 60FPS. I use Pinnacle Studio and don't know how that Camtasia works but my options when I convert my Fraps footage is this:

MPEG-4 file type
1080p HD Resolution
Standard Frame Rate (29.97)
Video data rate at 11000 Kbits/sec
Audio channel - stereo 48 kHz
Audio data rate 192 Kbits/sec

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 03:49:37 AM »
I can't find anywhere to set the resolution on fraps.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 04:22:37 AM »
Fraps doesn't have that option (at least to the best of my knowledge). I was talking about when I put the Raw Fraps footage into my video editing program and convert the fraps .avi file into an MPEG-4 file.