Author Topic: CV ACK!!!  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: CV ACK!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2013, 10:13:46 AM »
I wasn't flying in ack myself, I was defending a field " 209" I was 20000ft, cv was 5 miles offshore, Im directly above my base, so technically that ship was atleast 6 to 7 miles from me and hitting me like it was a mile away :bhead exactly and that's exactly what this attacking force did

Yeah.  I am a bit curious to whether or not TG ack went that high. :headscratch:

But wait until you have it happen...when they CV is on the OTHER side of a VERY BIG MOUNTAIN. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2013, 11:00:25 AM »
Yeah.  I am a bit curious to whether or not TG ack went that high. :headscratch:

On the 5"/38 caliber gun:

Ballistics
    Maximum horizontal range, with a 55 pound projectile, is 18,000 yards (16 km).[5] In the antiaircraft role, it had a ceiling of 37,200 feet (11,300 m) at 85 degrees elevation
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »
I am an ack sponge, just fly near me. I attract all the ack.  :old:
Top Gun

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2013, 11:31:15 AM »
CV acid is better but still over modeled.

Boo
really I always thought that the cv acid didn't do much for me.... I like the acid the gv guys have.  :neener: :old: :D
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2013, 01:15:07 PM »
since the change I try and stay as close to enemy cons as possible..this alleviates the ack problem...I still die ...but not by puffy

Offline No9Squadron

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2013, 02:18:07 PM »
I generally like CVack, because it really varies according to who is chucking it at you.

Also there's a big difference between coming from a CV's 6 o clock and a CV's 4 o clock to bomb it.

All I can say is don't fly straight.

Auto-ack at strats is lethal at 30k to B29s, more than at 25k perhaps, just something I noticed. The length of time spent in the target area seems to make a difference to getting hit or not. 1 or 2 passes you should survive, but 3 or 4 I'll usually lose a plane or engine.

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
......"required nearly 1000 rounds of ammunition expenditure per aircraft kill"
Gnat

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2013, 04:13:55 PM »
......"required nearly 1000 rounds of ammunition expenditure per aircraft kill" in real life

Fixed it for ya  :)

Currently, I can't think of any way for HTC to 'fix' this. If they lower the damage then "It isn't realistic", if they take away even MORE of the "puff" then we will get complaints on that too.. for the few who haven't been killed or haven't experienced the "puff".

I think of it sort of as a shotgun effect. The thing that is annoying though, it is the SYSTEM and the system has to have a 'lock on' feature to work.

Something that IS interesting for me though.  How can the CV shoot the puffy ack when all of the guns (40mms, 5in 8in) on all the ships, are down?

Wouldn't mind seeing the ability to disable 'auto puffy ack' by hitting certain areas of the fleet. Like the main cruiser or CV.

Just a thought.

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2013, 06:58:22 PM »
You sure 999000 didn't sneak up behind you?
Retired

Offline John Galt

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2013, 10:45:15 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypLuXx6SKgU

Watch that video and be greatful you dont have that to contend with.
VDub

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2013, 05:56:54 AM »
One way would be to force CV to stay out on the sea, as they did RL.

To be hit when you flying behind a mountain is plain wrong. you should not be seen on radar nor tracked by ack
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, 06:40:35 AM »
When enemy CV is afoot ya gotta get ur low ride on brotha
Lighten up Francis

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2013, 06:44:59 AM »
The best course of action to avoid CV ack is to fly level bombers straight at it.  :)

qft
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2013, 07:23:08 AM »
The problem with preventing CVs from coming close to fields is that on some MA maps it would prevent CVs from negotiating narrow straits which have a field on the coast.

Personally I'd like to see auto ack made a bit more intelligent. At longer ranges it should only target planes that are on an inbound course for over X seconds with a closure rate of over X mph. Those planes in range with the highest closing speed get targeted as a priority. At short range it can be left as it is now.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2013, 07:46:02 PM »
1. Fly in ack range.

2. Take damage from ack.

3. Whine about it on the forum.

4. Repeat.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck