Author Topic: Bomber scoring  (Read 171 times)

Offline No9Squadron

• Zinc Member
Bomber scoring
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:47:26 AM »
Player A. Player A launches B29s, flies around for 2-3 hours bombing 25 different towns, serves absolutely no purpose to his team, shoots no enemy planes down, lands safely and nets a very high score and even higher rank.

Player B. Responds to CV attack at a base, dies 10 times from vulching, eventually kills the CVs, flies to strats, does huge damage there and kills 4 enemy fighters, then helps a squad take 3 bases, bombing VH/FH every time, getting shot down a couple of times.

Player A has done nothing for his team, but ends up with a higher rank. What is that?

There's no real incentive for me to play this game to win or to engage in teamwork, if other members of my team are flying around milkrunning enemy towns and getting higher ranks for it.

Also what is the point of me shooting anyone down, if it is not registered as a score. This is silly. My bomber gunnery skills and victories seem to count for absolutely nothing, despite having destroyed many enemy fighters.

Finally, despite massive destruction on the enemy city and fighter hangars, the enemy have the same options and choices for fighters, whether they resup their city and rebuild their factories or not. Surely there should be fighter factories and damaging them should limit the amount of late war experimental planes available.

I am really very very bored of watching top ranking players bombing towns or targets and getting top ranks for it, while others are doing the dirty work of killing CV's, very far cities, or running goons and getting shot down a lot, while someone who went somewhere dangerous and killed 4 enemy fighters, harmed their downtimes, or died ten times trying to get goons to a town, gets a worse rank. That just doesn't make any sense, and you can see the effect it is having on the game.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Bomber scoring
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:11 AM »
Trust me, 90% of us feel your pain.  With that being said, I will also say trust us/we when we tell you to forget about score and rank for the sake of your enjoyment of the game.

The banana that flies around at 30k in B29's bombing town centers is missing out on the action.  He is the hermit that is afraid to get his hands dirty.  He is the one that can't sleep at night if his rank isn't at least X or score isn't at least Y.  He is the guy that you can't count on when your team needs that extra set of guns to defend or capture a field but wont get involved for fear of harming his rank or score.  Let him go, let him be, let him have his "fun".

My advice to you is to NOT settle in any one mode. Do not settle in any one fighter, dirt mover/jabo, bomber, or tank.  AH has so much to offer and so many ways to accomplish each and every task.  Use all the options, enjoy them all win or lose, and let the color book and crayon players do their thing. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.