Author Topic: Der Kessel - Friday Squad Ops Stalingrad Airlift  (Read 3485 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: Der Kessel - Friday Squad Ops Stalingrad Airlift
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2013, 07:29:37 PM »
Yep it turned into a meat grinder very quickly once JG11 showed up. Great stuff, things are setting up for a great rivalry in the coming years.  :aok

:aok

Shifty...was the 56th coming into the area...hunting rtb transports...after playing part in another mission...or were you guys laying in wait to the west for just that reason?

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »
We were assigned to hit V82 as our primary mission. Once we did that we continued to lurk around the area the transports were supposed to be in case we could find the HE-111s. It seemed like we hung out forever in enemy territory never seeing any transports. We found 109G2s instead.  :lol

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2013, 08:12:45 PM »
We were assigned to hit V82 as our primary mission. Once we did that we continued to lurk around the area the transports were supposed to be in case we could find the HE-111s. It seemed like we hung out forever in enemy territory never seeing any transports. We found 109G2s instead.  :lol

:aok  Gotcha...

All week, all pre flight, and all during our initial kombat at the field, and then during the subsequent defence of the Stalingrad re supply, the back of my mind was worried over unit(s) lurking in the rtb transport lanes. And in the event, the Red Airforce forces at the field did come at us thankfully, in a piecemeal fashion...this was only more confirmation in my mind that they were holding someone back in reserve for rtb attack.  Then...to add even more to this growing concern that, what was up to that point a great success could turn horribly bad...by the time the last of the transports were away...my fighters had been engaged for over an hour, and simply could not follow right away, but were forced to make our own rearm in the cauldron for fuel and fireworks...and then exit on the tails of the transports...

...such was the intensity of the mission.  The remnants of the 56th that we engaged were the most concentrated allied unit we encountered all night, and I am glad to hear you were not successful in finding the 111's.

See ya up.

<S>

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2013, 01:00:12 PM »
Great to see you guys come in and pounce. Sorry I didn't maneuver out of the collision. These old eyes not quick enough to see he had reversed then I just threw some cannon in his face. As a gunner on a HE111 I honestly thought we were ok by the time we reached A72. Then could see 15k P40's that were called out. Understand the concern and that they could be there but they were in our exact exit route as if they knew.  Strange.  :huh

:salute
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2013, 01:11:51 PM »
Anyone know how many tons of cargo made it? I wasn't able to attend.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »
Anyone know how many tons of cargo made it? I wasn't able to attend.

No not yet.

But I would estimate 95% plus, of the supplies made it in.  Horrifically though...the red murderers destroyed a larger percentage of the transports that were filled with Wehrmacht nurses, invalids and wounded evacuees....as is their way.

We must prevent this crime from occurring in Frame 2.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2013, 02:37:54 PM »
No not yet.

But I would estimate 95% plus, of the supplies made it in.  Horrifically though...the red murderers destroyed a larger percentage of the transports that were filled with Wehrmacht nurses, invalids and wounded evacuees....as is their way.

That's probably why I didn't get the P-40 by A72. By that time I thought we were in the clear and had one of those Wehrmacht nurses on my lap showing how to point my gun... the 13mm Maschinengewehr 131 also.  :aok
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2013, 06:01:59 PM »
That's probably why I didn't get the P-40 by A72. By that time I thought we were in the clear and had one of those Wehrmacht nurses on my lap showing how to point my gun... the 13mm Maschinengewehr 131 also.  :aok
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »
No not yet.

Gott in Himmel, die krankenschwestern!!!!!! Wir müssen rächen den tod!!!
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"