Author Topic: Windows 7 Startup Problems  (Read 506 times)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Windows 7 Startup Problems
« on: October 22, 2013, 11:30:45 PM »
Before I even start I can not run the diax background cause right now my system is taking forever to get anything done. but I know I am running an amd processor and Window's 7 home edition. this past sunday boot up has been taking forever and I also had to sit thru a chckdisk at onetime during bootup. Now tonight I am still having problems with booting into my system and there seems to be a delay between password screen to desktop. My question is even after running the back recovery disk which also failed in some area's the system is still slow to respond and open anything else up. From what I am reading it seems like there are files that are corrupted that I thought were fixed the night I had to sit thru this the first time.

Some File Segment's that were Corrupted were

127484 thru 127487
137828 thru 137830

thought they were fixed cause I ran the system fine sunday night and monday and tonight same things are happening but this time but freezing more on start up?

is it possible my OS is going or could it be a hard drive issue. I do not use the pc other then really playing the game and some surfing the web I am the only one who use's my system so I know where I am going and do regular clean ups. I am just curious on what may be going on before going out and buying a new OS to sit thru re-installs all day but some things will let me load to hopefully put to my flash
drive

I know info is limited but hoping some help would work out

<S>
Molsman
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Windows 7 Startup Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 06:14:32 AM »
Sounds like hard drive is failing to me.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:40:47 AM »
Guess I will be replacing that today

Thanks
Skuzzy and sorry for posting in wrong spot

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:07:32 AM »
I've used Spinrite a number of times, and it has brought "dead" or "dying" harddrives back to working condition. I'd be hesitant to trust such drives forever (especially with important data), but it saved me a buttload of time and money recovering data from drives that the OS gave up on.

https://www.grc.com/sr/spinrite.htm
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 11:54:22 AM »
Cool Dot thanks sitting thru my reloading process now I will check them out when I am up and running

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:45:43 PM »
new Hd installed still calling my pc people I got this from 7 months ago think that is the fastest a HD went on me but still not to pc savy so looking into ways to save stuff besides jump drives was thinking about an external hd to save everything to so if and when I have to do thru this again I will be down less time.

thanks again who helped me out

<S>
Mols

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
new Hd installed still calling my pc people I got this from 7 months ago think that is the fastest a HD went on me but still not to pc savy so looking into ways to save stuff besides jump drives was thinking about an external hd to save everything to so if and when I have to do thru this again I will be down less time.

thanks again who helped me out

<S>
Mols

When my brother bought his first laptop and I'd been on the phone with him for several several hour repair sessions I suggested he get an external drive and mirror his HD to it periodically.  Best advice I ever gave.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 01:47:33 AM »
Seven months seems like an extraordinarily short period for a hard drive. Your hard drive should still be under warranty. I suggest you have your PSU examined.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 03:29:49 AM »
Mols I have to tell you about 2 months ago I ran a Win 7 checkdisk just for the heck of it , actually my boot time was a little slow,and I was unable to boot up after. I ended up having to do a total reimage, which was a pain in the rump.

I dont know what happened but I'll never run a check disk again I can tell you that. It took me 1/2 a day just to get the system to accept the Win 7 install disk again and the system wouldnt accept a repair.

Before and after it was and has been a well running system. Except for the previous boot time.

Sometime messing with Windows is a can of worms. Ive tried to get out of the habit of tinkering.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 06:39:25 AM »
Molsman, sorry I missed your phone call, but glad to see from the above that you're getting the machine back in action.

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs