Author Topic: AMD Radeon R9 290X  (Read 3333 times)

Offline save

• Gold Member
Re: AMD Radeon R9 290X
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2013, 06:11:11 PM »
Stock 290s perform exactly as the one's sent for testing by test-sites, in the silent mode they have slight lower performance.
Swedish site sweclockers.com (unfortunately only in Swedish) had an article about it.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »
is amd like before where if you want to switch back to nvidia you need to reinstall windows?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »
is amd like before where if you want to switch back to nvidia you need to reinstall windows?

semp

ATI cards were never like that, before their acquisition by AMD nor afterwards.  Just like with installing any video card, in order to make sure there were no issues it was recommended to remove all drivers from Windows before installing a new video card.  The same went for Nvidia cards.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: November 07, 2013, 12:03:58 AM »
ATI cards were never like that, before their acquisition by AMD nor afterwards.  Just like with installing any video card, in order to make sure there were no issues it was recommended to remove all drivers from Windows before installing a new video card.  The same went for Nvidia cards.

ack-ack

Correct!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »
Yeah the 780GTX is inching towards $500 mark. The 290X is having a huge impact on the market.

I stay NVidea cause Ive had such good luck with them. But years ago I had a few AMDs and they were nice cards. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a 290X if it was in the right configuration/system.

One thing I love about the 780GTX is how cool the thing stays. Even in graphics heavy apps it stay amazingly cool.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: November 07, 2013, 03:52:26 PM »
Yeah the 780GTX is inching towards $500 mark. The 290X is having a huge impact on the market.

I stay NVidea cause Ive had such good luck with them. But years ago I had a few AMDs and they were nice cards. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a 290X if it was in the right configuration/system.

One thing I love about the 780GTX is how cool the thing stays. Even in graphics heavy apps it stay amazingly cool.

I think the 290 will have even more impact with its $399 price tag and very close to 290x performance.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone