Author Topic: Different functions on same input?  (Read 450 times)

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Different functions on same input?
« on: October 31, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
Hi all,

I just wonder if it is possible to put different actions on a single button or axis on your stick?  :headscratch:

Example, throttle and engine rpm together on the throttle axis.

Using a mix of CH / Saitek with CH Manager software, Saitek scaled through AH

Any replies welcome <S>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:23:25 AM by McShark »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Different functions on same input?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:16:05 AM »
At least it's possible to map four (4) different modes in AH, toggling between them even during a sortie.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 04:31:22 PM »
Need a bit of clarification.  Are you talking about having a button do two different things depending on the situation somehow, or are you talking about having a button or axis do two things simultaneously?

With your example, do you want to move the throttle and have throttle and engine RPM move at the same time, or do you want your throttle to change throttle sometimes, and engine rpm sometimes depending on what you want to do?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:13:50 AM »
From the way it sounds... unless you use the ch program, what you want to do is not feseable. The programing for mapping the controllers only recognizes one function.  I believe that is what you are looking for..

LawnDart
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:25:40 AM »
Yes you can by using  modes 3 and 4 available in AH.

If you have Thrustmaster products(Although not all)  you can use the very powerful Target software.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 02:36:35 AM »
Thx for the replies!

As I see it for now it is not possible to have different functions mapped to the same control input without using additional stuff like CH Manager.

Point for me was like turning down throttle and RPM in one move on input but also have it mapped separate to use it without throttle.

Modes are an option but does not result in the mapping I was looking for.

THx a lot guys!
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »
Point for me was like turning down throttle and RPM in one move on input but also have it mapped separate to use it without throttle.

With analogue functions surely that would result in a conflict with one control moving both inputs e.g. throttle and RPM when another e.g RPM is trying to stay where it is?

It is different when setting buttons because there would usually be no conflict if you set more than one button to do the same thing. 

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 11:01:39 AM »
Sounds like you're looking for a "shift" key to temporarily (while the shift key is pressed) have control of something else. Kind of like:

Normal throttle controls the throttle.
Hold down a "shift button" and throttle controls RPM - as long as the shift button is held down.
Release the "shift button" and the throttle returns to normal and controls the throttle again.

Not sure if that can work with an analog axis, to make it appear that you have a second analog throttle axis, but I'm pretty sure the joystick software can be set up that way for regular buttons. That would give you "extra" buttons that would still need to be mapped in the game.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, 11:18:27 AM »
Thx for the replies!

As I see it for now it is not possible to have different functions mapped to the same control input without using additional stuff like CH Manager.

Modes are an option but does not result in the mapping I was looking for.

THx a lot guys!

You are unlikely to want to move RPM and throttle the same amount even if you could move them at the same time.