Author Topic: Let's get Nubes to the game  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Let's get Nubes to the game
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2013, 02:37:00 PM »
#2- Do away with chann 200, it does nothing to promote the game!!!
#4- Require 1 hour in training arena, complete with audio video, prior to being able to log into main arena's.

On #2: Usually it takes quite some time (often weeks) for a 'noob' to discover CH200 in the LW arena
On #4: I can clearly say I would never had signed up to AH if that had been in place 2005.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2013, 03:53:57 PM »
Great ideas, but I have to disagree on #2.  This is a social game.  Banter and cross country chat, poking, prodding, inciting riots all in the spirit of getting the enemy distracted and lose his SA is a long standing tradition in the game, and successful predecessors.  Now, of course, taking it too the point of disrupting the game itself is going to get people removed, but you don't shut down a social element simply for a few morons.  Especially when you, as an individual, have the ability to simply turn it off if you don't like it.  Removing something that is optional simply to satisfy your preference is never a good thing, in any number of situations.  Other than that, some great ideas here.  I really like the populating airfields with activity.  

Little uneasy about "forcing" new players to spend an hour in a training session.  Maybe have a mini main arena (mw perhaps) that anyone can fly in but you complete a training course to open up the full blown MA with all the planes and players.  Everyone plays for different reasons, and learns at different speeds.  Pushing them into forced training programs steps a bit outside of the game environment, I'm as stubborn as they come, I'll do anything at all to improve myself, including taking classes and sitting in the TA, up to and until I'm told I have to :)  
:airplane: I am just trying to figure out some way to improve membership with these suggestions! I know this is going to sound like I think that I am the answer to this game as far as membership goes, but I would be willing to let Hi Tech use my email to send to everyone who signs in and downloads game and I would take the time to stop what ever I was doing at the time and work with the prospective new member to orientate them to the very basic info that they would need to at least give the game a though examination.
I have had several occasions when I have introduced myself to a new person I would see on line and I would offer my help and on every occasion except one or two they have accepted my help and said they were about to forget the game because it was to complicated! I have 2 of those people in my squad right now.
IF EVERYONE IN THE ARENA'S, WHEN THEY SEE A NEW ID FLYING AROUND AND CHECK ROSTER AND THEY ARE NOT A MEMBER OF A SQUAD, THEN OFFER YOUR HELP AND I'LL BET WE CAN PICK UP SOME NEW MEMBERS WHO WOULD STAY!
You don't have to force yourself on someone, but just a friendly word of encouragement or invite to "wing" up for awhile sometimes makes a big difference to some people.
Don't mean to get on my "soap" box, but you know Hi Tech can also help by accepting some of our help!
Would it help Hi Tech if I offered to extend the two week trail to one month and I'll pay the difference in the cost out of my pocket?
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2013, 04:05:36 PM »

On #2: Usually it takes quite some time (often weeks) for a 'noob' to discover CH200 in the LW arena

Took me a year or more  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2013, 07:10:00 PM »
Took me a year or more  :old:

It took me awhile also, I actually don't remember when I discovered 200 channel.

:rolleyes:
Top Gun

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2013, 11:51:45 AM »
You don't have to force yourself on someone, but just a friendly word of encouragement or invite to "wing" up for awhile sometimes makes a big difference to some people.
When I started playing in '05, I had someone do just that and took me under their wing so to speak and taught me all aspects of the game and really made learning the game more enjoyable...This is the way to keep the new guys around...Anytime that I encounter a new player I always extend a helping hand to them....
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2013, 03:03:56 PM »
:airplane: Well, here is my 2 cents worth!

#!- When a prospective customer signs up and downloads game for 2 week trail, he would be given email address to about 6 to 10 experienced players, who would then go through the basic things that you need to know to enjoy the game, complete with some basic flight lessons. (I still see experienced players crashing every time they RTB, because they can't land)
#2- Do away with chann 200, it does nothing to promote the game!!!
#3- Expand the Navy present in the game by adding LST's, patrol bombers, (PBY4's), expand the ground game to include infantry troops for base captures.
#4- Require 1 hour in training arena, complete with audio video, prior to being able to log into main arena's.
#5- Add some "eye" candy in the way of aircraft sitting on ramps and in hangars, jeeps or other vehicles moving around on base to give atmosphere of war, instead of the "ghost" bases we have now.

Response to #1 I think they should have a tutorial that the player takes in the training arena when they go to A1, for newer players. That shows the basics of flying. (Tells me they aren't too experienced then, if they are crashing  :D )

Response to #2 Channel 200 is somewhat entertaining on those loong flights to a target. I do agree it can be a nuisance at times, due to the.. comments seen there at times. However, it also shows the community, which is sometimes disheartening.

Response to #3  I see what you did there.  :cool:  +1 (hehe)

Response to #4 I think a tutorial would be beneficial here. Instead of a linear gameplay (in a sandbox) forcing players to do something.

Response to #5 This is hard to do. I was thinking of this the other day actually. It is hard to put ANY sort of planes on the sides of bases.. when none of the 3 sides have any allegiance to any of the planes that we use.  Bishops Knights and Rooks can fly any of the allied or axis planes.. So it's hard to put P51s or p38s on the base, when you can take off in 109-G2s or Ju88s etc.

Although, I would like to see planes on the base. It wouldn't be possible under the settings that HTC has it set for now.   I do however, agree with having active convoys around the base (as long as they don't get on the runway and mess up my landing/take offs!) Perhaps troops running here and there from barracks to tower or something when that "base under attack" alarm starts blaring.

Respectively,

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2013, 05:15:29 PM »
 A donation site set up for the benefit of getting a big add campaign going.
I would gladly donate money to HTC, not sure about setting up a donation site...  :headscratch:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2013, 08:05:08 PM »
I would gladly donate money to HTC, not sure about setting up a donation site...  :headscratch:
Or yaknow, the old fashion way of sending them a check in the mail.  :old: