Author Topic: Gunning from a Tank  (Read 1222 times)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
Re: Gunning from a Tank
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2013, 10:31:58 AM »
   Does reducing graphics not only allow you to see through trees but shoot through them as well?  :headscratch: Many times you can't see the enemy tank through trees but his shells appear to pass right through the concrete trees to hit you.
    Seems an unfair advantage to game the game in this way.  :bhead
no, and as far as i could tell,, once you turn down the graphics, you lose sight of the tanks as well as the trees
 but when you shoot around a tree, you must remember, the tree is not a solid box shape,, i have never actually seen the shape it does take to place a tree but I can shoot below the leaves and or around and thru small spaces in between the trunks,, many times it only takes a good shot into the road wheels to blow up or at least disable another tank.
 also,, you need to know that the round coming out of your tank doesn't come out of the sight picture,, it is offset, so when you are very close to something solid, you may have a clear sight picture, yet not be able to hit anything,
 if the tank your shooting at is closer than 800, you may not get the round into the area your aiming at, I don't know what the convergence is for the tank sights, but there is one!
  Shooting around trees and other obstacles takes lots of trial and error, lots of practice and lots of patience ,, I liken it to fishing,,  I go to my favorite watering hole and throw out a line to see what or who is biting!
 I,ve went offline to the same maps I had trouble with and shot at targets in the same area,, such as tank town ,, to find the best angles to shoot at and locations to shoot from,,,  tanking isn't the same as flying, I try to visualize what the other tanks see, when they are looking in my direction,, again  the offline option works great for this,, check out the terrain from the enemy perspective,, at least in the Tank Town areas, I've played for 8 years now,,  new maps are what gets me excited !!!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: Gunning from a Tank
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
I've gone offline to the same maps I had trouble with, and shot at targets in the same area such as tank town to find the best angles and locations to shoot from.  Tanking isn't the same as flying.  I try to visualize what the other tanks see when they are looking in my direction.  Again,  the offline option works great for this.  Check out the terrain from the enemy perspective at least in the Tank Town areas.  I've played for 8 years now.  New maps are what gets me excited !!!!

Great advice  :aok