Author Topic: B-17F  (Read 1062 times)

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Re: B-17F
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 06:06:20 PM »
When I think of B-17's, the F model comes to mind. She's a beauty ( that chin gun on the G model  is like women with a beard).   :salute

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2013, 07:28:45 PM »
Meh....
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2013, 09:56:17 PM »
Not every default skin is a "famous" scheme.

I'm fully aware.  ALL skinned planes are "famous" in my book though.  The ballz it took any of em to fly into that hell and back...and not all of the skinned planes we have made it home, if I recall correctly.  Personally, when I think of the F, the Belle comes to mind.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 12:40:20 AM »
When I think of B-17's, the F model comes to mind. She's a beauty ( that chin gun on the G model  is like women with a beard).   :salute

I must say I kinda feel the same way.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 01:02:03 AM »
I based the B-17G plans used by HTC to build the 3d b17g off plans of the B-17F as they were the only ones that did the cockpit well.

all other B-17G drawings were incorrect. I still feel that the AH b-17 is one of the best looking b17 models out there and did take some pride in having a hand in its accuracy especially around the cockpit area which I always considered the face of a plane.

I'd always wanted a B-17F and B-24D both the most good looking versions of these planes.

I've never posted much of my artwork other than what you've seen of my skins this is one I did of a b-24D that is graceful even in ruins...

a bit off topic I know but Ive always been a fan of the B-17F and B-24D :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:21:28 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 07:04:09 AM »
I based the B-17G plans used by HTC to build the 3d b17g off plans of the B-17F as they were the only ones that did the cockpit well.

all other B-17G drawings were incorrect. I still feel that the AH b-17 is one of the best looking b17 models out there and did take some pride in having a hand in its accuracy especially around the cockpit area which I always considered the face of a plane.

I'd always wanted a B-17F and B-24D both the most good looking versions of these planes.

I've never posted much of my artwork other than what you've seen of my skins this is one I did of a b-24D that is graceful even in ruins...

a bit off topic I know but Ive always been a fan of the B-17F and B-24D :)
(Image removed from quote.)

Very nice!  :aok 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 02:00:49 PM »
Very nice!  :aok 
:old: Caldera, you need to change your avatar, it makes old men have "funny" feelings looking at it! LOL
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 05:22:29 PM »
Hopefully we can see this bird in the near future...
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
Based on what I've been able to find out, it would perform near identically to the B-17G we have now. Slightly faster, and fewer guns pointing in an area that really doesn't matter in Aces High.

That being the case, -1.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 06:22:39 PM »
:old: Caldera, you need to change your avatar, it makes old men have "funny" feelings looking at it! LOL

As long as you still are getting those "funny" feelings, you have nothing to worry about.  :)

It's not German.  -1

Fixed.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 06:55:03 PM »
Based on what I've been able to find out, it would perform near identically to the B-17G we have now. Slightly faster, and fewer guns pointing in an area that really doesn't matter in Aces High.

That being the case, -1.
The tail guns would have a significantly reduced field of fire.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, 08:41:22 PM »
The tail guns would have a significantly reduced field of fire.
[/quote

Okay, moved all the way up from -1 to 0. Other stuff we need to take care of first.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, 10:43:22 PM »
Citabria,

Is that drawing of 'Lady Be Good'?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, 11:31:23 PM »
yeah I was fascinated by that plane for a long time so much so it became a subject of one of my drawing projects.

the navigator was on his first mission.

the sunset turned to night. already lost and seeking the radio fix from their home base unfortunately gave them a direction but having not the ability to gauge to or from with the instruments at the time it gave a reverse sensing heading to get home and the plane flew off into the desert away from its base.

1 by one the engines failed from fuel starvation till only one was left running.

given the b-24's problems in forced landings with its high Davis wing it seems the order was given to bail out.

the crew left the plane.

Lady be Good continued on alone with one engine running until in a slow wings level descent it contacted the flat planes of the desert at what would seem to be a firm but survivable impact rate and broke in half upon its unmanned landing.

it was found a decade and a half later by oil field explorers in amazingly preserved condition with guns still working and food and drink still edible in its own time capsule in the arid desert.

for a year or so the mystery of the crew became an obsession for the air force and a large search was undertaken where most of the crews remains were located. they survived the bail out it seemed but died of starvation and dehydration.

a few pieces of the lady be good were salvaged and installed in other aircraft in a possibly sentimental act but it seems the curse of this beautiful lady who was abandoned after being lead astray did not end well. one aircraft who had an armrest from lady be good crashed in the ocean with one of the few pieces of it washing up on shore... the armrest from lady be good. other aircraft with parts of the lady it is said also came to similarly gruesome ends.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:09 PM »
yeah I was fascinated by that plane for a long time so much so it became a subject of one of my drawing projects.

the navigator was on his first mission.

the sunset turned to night. already lost and seeking the radio fix from their home base unfortunately gave them a direction but having not the ability to gauge to or from with the instruments at the time it gave a reverse sensing heading to get home and the plane flew off into the desert away from its base.

1 by one the engines failed from fuel starvation till only one was left running.

given the b-24's problems in forced landings with its high Davis wing it seems the order was given to bail out.

the crew left the plane.

Lady be Good continued on alone with one engine running until in a slow wings level descent it contacted the flat planes of the desert at what would seem to be a firm but survivable impact rate and broke in half upon its unmanned landing.

it was found a decade and a half later by oil field explorers in amazingly preserved condition with guns still working and food and drink still edible in its own time capsule in the arid desert.

for a year or so the mystery of the crew became an obsession for the air force and a large search was undertaken where most of the crews remains were located. they survived the bail out it seemed but died of starvation and dehydration.

a few pieces of the lady be good were salvaged and installed in other aircraft in a possibly sentimental act but it seems the curse of this beautiful lady who was abandoned after being lead astray did not end well. one aircraft who had an armrest from lady be good crashed in the ocean with one of the few pieces of it washing up on shore... the armrest from lady be good. other aircraft with parts of the lady it is said also came to similarly gruesome ends.
Any idea for how long she flew unmanned?
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.