Author Topic: Get Rescued!  (Read 451 times)

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Get Rescued!
« on: November 03, 2013, 12:31:23 PM »
Capture a base and every pilot that was 'captured' within the last... hmm, say, within the last 20 minutes, gets 'rescued' and it gets that 'captured' taken off is score?

In some cases a player can walk all the way back to base, which is an earlier 'achievement' suggestion, but this method would save time. Yes players with a large squad might have a better chance of getting help to get the base captured.
fuel burn 1x please! - '1x Wednesdays?'

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: Get Rescued!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 03:13:35 PM »
I'd just like to point out that being captured does not make you a captive in this game. Further, if you rescued a pow they would still have been captured. I'm thinking that you are thinking of incentives for base capture which would be good, I just don't think this particular suggestion makes sense.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
For the MANY 'survival' pilots... that don't want any deaths or captured... It's all the incentive in the world!
Some might agree, and say that the reason we have 'ATTACK MODE' is for these same guys to SAVE THEIR 'FIGHTER MODE' SCORE, peeeriiod!
Was it a recent update that some planes like the K4 can only fly in 'FIGHTER MODE' and not 'attack mode?'
Historic too btw, of course, probably more on the Russian front, there would be sudden surge attacks if an ace pilot was shot down...

I think you're right that any incentive to capturing a base, quickly, would add to the game some.

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 07:11:48 PM »
Just adding:

We should be able to get out chute picked up by a riendly plane, also. Land near chute, chutr ends flight, goes back to tower as 'rescued.' Yes a seaplane would be nice... seaplne would get perks per rescue.

And when friendly vehicles are nearby, same, end flight - 'rescued.'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »
yup, some have brilliant ideas...and others...

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 11:46:56 PM »
Is there a Guinness World Record category for most stupid wishlist ideas on the AHII forum in a 48 hour period yet?

No?

Well then that's my wish.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 08:10:36 AM »
Meh

In other words, I don't care either way :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 10:25:51 AM »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »
Capture a base and every pilot that was 'captured' within the last... hmm, say, within the last 20 minutes, gets 'rescued' and it gets that 'captured' taken off is score?

In some cases a player can walk all the way back to base, which is an earlier 'achievement' suggestion, but this method would save time. Yes players with a large squad might have a better chance of getting help to get the base captured.

How about if you bail closer to an enemy town than an enemy base the villagers execute you before the enemy military can find and capture you.. Then you lose all your points for that sortie and the next sortie you fly!!   :banana:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:46:49 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 07:57:48 PM »
What if the pilot pulls a rambo instead? :D

So yeah, let's add ground combat, and civilians... gta5 almost, but our flight code is way way better...
Good point though,, just trying to add to the game, yeah yeah, fine the way it is...

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 10:31:01 PM »
What if the pilot pulls a rambo instead? :D

So yeah, let's add ground combat, and civilians... gta5 almost, but our flight code is way way better...
Good point though,, just trying to add to the game, yeah yeah, fine the way it is...

I can see ground combat within the next 5 years or so. Maybe. 

A number of planes would have to be added including vehicles

Patch and update currently existing planes/vehicles

Add new maps

Update graphics

Then comes Battlefield/Call of Duty style gameplay.

However, I don't think if HTC had even Rockstar or Ubisoft's resources that they could pull it off. Even if we all had uber computers, that much information going about would be lag and warp and everything else.

I sort of welcome ground combat with mixed thoughts.  Has it's pros and cons, and it would be yet another thing unrelated to the title.

As for this rescue thing.  It would have to be more than a small incentive of one's score, no matter the score fanatic. I highly doubt they would want to wait there for 20mins to a few hours to get 'rescued'.  And what if the c47 or jeep get's shot down or destroyed? Then that person needs rescued too!

I understand why you want to add it. It's a roleplay thing, I get that. Just like some in WoW or BF3/4 like to roleplay the moment, that's cool. It's something that doesn't hinder anything for anyone else, but doesn't really add anything either, if anything, it might add some immersion.     

I wouldn't mind having the ability for a downed pilot to have a function to "join" a landed c47 or jeep/m3/251 if they are close enough to it. Even if it is for roleplay or some .00000000000000000002 % reduction in their score.

So all in all, if HTC can add a feature for a downed pilot to join a c47 or a jeep/m3/251 then OK.

I get it, it's a roleplay thing.

Tinkles

<<S>>
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Franz Von Werra

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 01:46:39 PM »
It is a good point about how long does the rescued chute have to stay in the rescue plane...

If players were able to exchange perks, I can't imagine the conversations that would happen in a plane if the recue'ed guy had no prior deaths or captures... lol.

Maybe make the chute guy able to bail out of even the rescue plane...

And what about the almost non-existent gunner players on bombers... those guys just go to the tower when they bail or .ef to end flight?