Author Topic: Windows experience index  (Read 411 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Windows experience index
« on: November 18, 2013, 08:20:30 PM »
On my computer the windows experience index are all in the high 7's except for the data transfer rate which is 5.9.

My question is would it be worthwhile to change the hard drive from a 1 TB 7200 RPM to a 1 TB 10,000 RPM for about $230 or should I go to a ssd that is 360gb for 275 dollars?  Does anyone out there get a data transfer rate in the high sevens and if so what is your drive?

Aces High is the only game that I am playing.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

AkCaine

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Windows experience index
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
I dont think it makes a difference in the game. loading might be faster but that is just about it.  are you having problems or is the 5.9 rate bother you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 10:10:11 PM »
I run a constant 59  to 60 frame rate and that is on three 27 inch monitors at a 5760 by 1080 resolution.   I guess more than anything I want to tinker with the machine. 
AkCaine

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:12:12 AM »
If that $300 is burning a hole in your pocket, the best way to use it for improving your gameplay would be to spend it on Mrs Cane. Like a $200 piece of jewellery donated on a $100 dinner... Current or future, I don't know your status. Not on your mother, though, she'd be happy with less.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:26:34 AM »
If that $300 is burning a hole in your pocket, the best way to use it for improving your gameplay would be to spend it on Mrs Cane. Like a $200 piece of jewellery donated on a $100 dinner... Current or future, I don't know your status. Not on your mother, though, she'd be happy with less.

This is sound advice! Do not get wrapped up in the WEI as it is pretty much meaningless. But if you must tinker and spend your money, I personally would buy the SSD and keep your current 1tb for additional storage. The only noticeable difference you will see with an SSD is boot up time, you will not see a difference in game. I have run the game on my ssd and then, at Skuzzy's recommendation, on my 1tb 7200rpm WD Black and could not tell a difference. Good luck in which ever path you choose, but Bizman hit the nail on the head imho. Spending time with the wife/family is much more fun and rewarding than than playing any game. 

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 08:33:26 AM »
Microsoft has removed WEI from Windows 8 totally so even they didn't see the value.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 10:13:26 AM »
Does anyone have above 7.0 on their data transfer rate?  If so what are you using?
As for Mrs.Cane and mama Cane I am not seeking any advice thank you.
AkCaine

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
Does anyone have above 7.0 on their data transfer rate?  If so what are you using?

Mine is 6.4 Data transfer rate, otherwise everything is 8.0 or higher. I don't have any raptor harddrives, only 7200RPM Drives.
JG 52

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »
I thought the WEI only went to 7.9.   :headscratch:

My WEI on my new rig is 7.8.  I'm not at the computer atm, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think it was my RAM that got the 7.8 score.  Everything else was 7.9.

I'm using two Samsung Pro SSD's (one boot drive, the other for games) and a 3TB Seagate HDD for storage.   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »
oops your right I just did a retest it shows 7.9 on everything except for processor speed, it shows 7.8
Data transfer just dropped to 6.2?
JG 52

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:01:21 AM »

My laptop with samsung SSD

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 02:04:59 PM »
That's great thank you!  SilverZ06
AkCaine