Author Topic: Long live the USA (guns)  (Read 2272 times)

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
Re: Long live the USA (guns)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »
Aint no BAR but dis one! :salute

Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2013, 01:53:24 PM »
Aint no BAR but dis one! :salute

(Image removed from quote.)
Yeah we no , lol . You think it was as fast as I pull the trigger , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline MADe

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2013, 05:11:46 PM »
Whereas I am in total agreement with bill of rights when it comes to guns, I have to point out something a friend of my said.

The purpose for the second amendment is to make sure that the government cannot be the only one with weapons. So that what the torries did can never happen again.
I must point out that our government has stealth aircraft, heavy armor and long range weapons. Guns will not stop any of these weapons systems if they chose to use them against our citizens. The landscape can no longer support surviving off the land for the masses.

I have never owned a gun, cannot see a reason to buy one. Guns do only one thing, kill. I have no desire to kill anyone or anything. So I wonder what the fascination with guns are.

In my world, I would legalize all drugs and make it illegal to purchase mass produced bullets.
Legalization of all drugs would prevent criminals from profits to buy guns.
Anyone who wishes to have firearms should be required to take classes in the pressing of their own bullets. Should be allowed to only purchase the raw components for bullets, and make their own.
When the constitution was written, the patriots made their own musket balls, did not have machine guns.
ASROCK X99 Taichi, INTEL i7 6850@4.5GHz, GIGABYTE GTX 1070G1, Kingston HyperX 3000MHz DDR4, OCZ 256GB RD400, Seasonic 750W PSU, SONY BRAVIA 48W600B, Windows 10 Pro /64

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2013, 05:16:47 PM »
Long live Dixieland!  :rock
Lighten up Francis

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2013, 05:18:08 PM »
 :rolleyes:

Because stealth bombers,  Abrams tanks,  and cruise missiles made Afghanistan and Iraq a walk in the park.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2013, 05:23:01 PM »
I have gun's to hunt . I have to have food . I don't like buying meat that no telling what has been fed to it and making some CEO rich while he is setting on a cruse ship that he owns . That's why I have gun's . Oh and if someone want's to take my stuff is another reason .

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
I wonder how long it'll take before some numbnutz get this thread locked?
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
Whereas I am in total agreement with bill of rights when it comes to guns, I have to point out something a friend of my said.

The purpose for the second amendment is to make sure that the government cannot be the only one with weapons. So that what the torries did can never happen again.
I must point out that our government has stealth aircraft, heavy armor and long range weapons. Guns will not stop any of these weapons systems if they chose to use them against our citizens. The landscape can no longer support surviving off the land for the masses.

I have never owned a gun, cannot see a reason to buy one. Guns do only one thing, kill. I have no desire to kill anyone or anything. So I wonder what the fascination with guns are.

In my world, I would legalize all drugs and make it illegal to purchase mass produced bullets.
Legalization of all drugs would prevent criminals from profits to buy guns.
Anyone who wishes to have firearms should be required to take classes in the pressing of their own bullets. Should be allowed to only purchase the raw components for bullets, and make their own.
When the constitution was written, the patriots made their own musket balls, did not have machine guns.
Take a hike hippy. We'll fight for your right to smoke dope and hug a tree. We got dis!
Lighten up Francis

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 05:33:25 PM »
I wonder how long it'll take before some numbnutz get this thread locked?
Oh you know there always one in every basket .

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2013, 05:37:24 PM »
I have gun's to hunt . I have to have food . I don't like buying meat that no telling what has been fed to it and making some CEO rich while he is setting on a cruse ship that he owns . That's why I have gun's . Oh and if someone want's to take my stuff is another reason .

You wont pay for meat from a butcher because it will make a big CO rich? or the farmers who work hard to feed and muster the cattle? or the transport driver who gets the cattle to the abattoir?

But your happy to buy guns and bullets from the struggling gun companies CO's...ok.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 05:40:01 PM »
You wont pay for meat from a butcher because it will make a big CO rich? or the farmers who work hard to feed and muster the cattle? or the transport driver who gets the cattle to the abattoir?

But your happy to buy guns and bullets from the struggling gun companies CO's...ok.

Nice try .

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 05:49:28 PM »

Very, Very, Very happy actually....... :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 05:52:53 PM »
Have you had any problems with Chronic Wasting Disease in the Whitetail population down your way Flench?
Lighten up Francis

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 05:56:06 PM »
Have you had any problems with Chronic Wasting Disease in the Whitetail population down your way Flench?
We did back oh 10 year's ago but have not since then .

Offline mtnman

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »
Guns do only one thing, kill.

Obviously, this is incredibly far from being a true statement.  If you're basing ANY argument on this flawed statement, well...

I wonder what percentage of fired ammo is even fired with the intent to kill?  And of the ammo fired with deadly intent, what percentage "succeeds"?

I have roughly 80,000 (yes, 80,000; it's not a typo) rounds fired through rifles directly behind my house every summer (for 30+ years so far, probably closer to 50 years, maybe as many as 60 years).  Not a single round was fired with the intent to kill or harm, and not a round caused unintentional harm or death.

That was just the rifles...  If I added the BB guns, pistols, and shotguns (shotguns are running around 20,000 rounds/year), well, that's a WHOLE LOT of "not killing" going on...

Killing is something that firearms can obviously do, and that they're designed to do, but it's not what they "normally" do.

A statement like "Guns occasionally, or rarely kill things" is probably closer to the truth.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 06:46:04 PM by mtnman »
MtnMan

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not". Thomas Jefferson